Upgrade this weekend

38 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

So far, mostly, so good.

Minor request: is there a way to make threads with new posts a little more apparent? Maybe it's just me but the bold font/blue star doesn't really pop. Not a big deal if it's not possible.

On desktop the "unread content" link is in the upper right and works as it used to. On mobile you have to click a bit to get to it.

My only complaint is that once you then click into a thread irt doesn't jump you to your last location, it always starts you with the first post.

29 minutes ago, Tank said:

On desktop the "unread content" link is in the upper right and works as it used to. On mobile you have to click a bit to get to it.

My only complaint is that once you then click into a thread irt doesn't jump you to your last location, it always starts you with the first post.

I've always just gone forum by forum out of habit, I've never really used the "unread content" link. I guess I should start.

2 hours ago, Brando. said:

You can also click on the arrow next to your user name at the upper right and select Account Settings, the Content View Behavior and change it.

This allows you to go to the unread posts instead of starting at the beginning. Unfortunately it seems like there’s no way for me to switch that for everyone.

That long two seconds after the text and starfield load, but before the boxes load around each post, are soooo disorienting, like I'm floating in space and in danger of being sucked into another dimension but then reality solidifies and I'm yanked out of the portal at the last second and reappear standing next to everyone all staring at me like "What."

Coooool.

I was something like 6th or 7th overall poster, around 36000 posts. Now I'm sub-30k and third overall poster. Everyone's post count, from what I can tell/remember, is lower. Maybe archived posts aren't counted? Or some things were deleted, and it negatively affected post counts? Likes, as previously noted, have changed too--I had the highest amount for any single account (yes Seth I know Tank and Driver combined beat me out), but now Fozzie has nearly a thousand more than me.

It's not like this really matters, I'm just curious. Given the choice I'd prefer to return to our previous numbers, but again, it doesn't really matter.

No embedded material from YouTube (or what I gather from context is supposed to be YouTube stuff; and when I try to post a YouTube video I don't see it either) shows up. I just see blank space. I assume the problem is w/my browser but I figured I'd mention it here just in case it was happening to anyone else.

I’ve been ahead of you for a while, but I’m not sure that I’ve been that far ahead, but I previously (months ago) merged Brando and Fozzie and I don’t think it added the likes together until the recount.

The system definitely did a recount, so it’s either archives or just finally recounting the posts that have been deleted.

The merge seems broken. I merged Brandon, my account from 1999, and Brando and that’s why so many of my recent posts show Guest. But my old posts are okay, so maybe merging with Driver wouldn’t be a problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there something weird with the spacing of posts since the upgrade? It seems like everything defaults to double space.

This is after pressing enter once. There's a bigger gap there than there should be. Am I too dumb to figure out how to change this?

Look at my post here. Why can't the Buffalo at Las Vegas line be even with the rest of the games? All the others are in line because i typed it all out in Word before pasting it here, and the Buffalo/Las Vegas was an addition when I realized the game was missing. Big gaps like that between everything are a pain in the ass to read.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.