Did you know?

Not surprising. Steel production halted during Covid, and I don't think they're back up to full capacity yet. Anything you can buy right now is back stock, and that has to be in short supply right now.

Try a small Amana dealer. You won't get the best washer you ever had, but Amana is a very solid brand - they're made in the same factory and by the same company as Whirlpool and Maytag. Amana's are priced below $700 in general, and Whirlpool runs rolling specials to small dealers. They should still be on Labor Day pricing right now, actually. The problem may be availability, washers and dryers go quick in general, and the wait is weeks if not months long to get something from the factory right now.

Did you know that there's not a single washing machine under $700 available for sale in the city of Houston right now. Not a single ****ing one.

Not surprising. Steel production halted during Covid, and I don't think they're back up to full capacity yet. Anything you can buy right now is back stock, and that has to be in short supply right now.

Try a small Amana dealer. You won't get the best washer you ever had, but Amana is a very solid brand - they're made in the same factory and by the same company as Whirlpool and Maytag. Amana's are priced below $700 in general, and Whirlpool runs rolling specials to small dealers. They should still be on Labor Day pricing right now, actually. The problem may be availability, washers and dryers go quick in general, and the wait is weeks if not months long to get something from the factory right now.

No shit. Who do I have to blow to get cherry coke zero or diet cherry dr. pepper cans back? I have had to buy diet cherry pepsi 2 liters like some animal!

Did you know that there's not a single washing machine under $700 available for sale in the city of Houston right now. Not a single ****ing one.

No shit. Who do I have to blow to get cherry coke zero or diet cherry dr. pepper cans back? I have had to buy diet cherry pepsi 2 liters like some animal!

I know that one, too! I think. At least around here. When the shutdown started, the larger breweries stepped up canning and the smaller ones immediately made a canning line purchase so that they could keep serving curbside. Even the kombucha brewers started canning. Add in supply chain disruption, and I can see Big Soda pivoting to plastic as a result.

I know that one, too! I think. At least around here. When the shutdown started, the larger breweries stepped up canning and the smaller ones immediately made a canning line purchase so that they could keep serving curbside. Even the kombucha brewers started canning. Add in supply chain disruption, and I can see Big Soda pivoting to plastic as a result.

I get it, but I can't find these flavors at all.

I've read a few times online (but can't remember if there were any sources) that the soda companies are focusing on producing their main flavors right now with the various shortages since those are the big sellers and they don't want product sitting on the shelf not moving when those supplies can be better utilized on the standard flavors that will definitely sell.

I get it, but I can't find these flavors at all.

I work for Pepsico, Frito-Lay division, and can confirm. Pepsi, along with Coca-Cola and Snapple/Dr. Pepper cut their slower moving items and focused on making their core products. Doesn't have anything to do with a plastics or aluminum shortage. There's actually a lot of companies that have done this. Cutting back on their portfolio of products to focus producing their core items.

Frito-Lay did the same thing. We're just now bringing flavors back. For example, back in April, we trimmed our Doritos line-up down to just Nacho, Cool Ranch, and Spicy Nacho for about 3 months, and we're just now adding back Spicy Sweet Chili, Taco, Flamin Hot Doritos, Limon Doritos, Salsa Verde, etc. We did the same thing with Lays Chips, Tostitos, Cheetos, etc.

Right now though, in the midwest area, we have a huge shortage on Lays Kettle Chips. And there's a reason for it. A few weeks ago, our main distributing/processing hub in Topeka had to shut down the Kettle line production for 72 hours after a few employees tested postive for Covid-19. Had to tear everything down, disinfect everything, and destroy the product that was handled. Set us back for weeks. So if you can't find Kettle Lays in your stores and you live in the midwest area, that's why.

I have not been able to find isopropyl alcohol since winter

Yeah, it's sold out everywhere. Which is especially horrible for people who have to do injections, like people with diabetes.

Thankfully, the midwest, or at least Michigan, has Traverse City Kettle Chips to tide us over. Because I do love me some crunchy, salty potatoes.

Ha! That sounds delicious. I'm not a big fan of our kettle chips or our rold gold pretzels. If you open my pantry you will see Krunchers Kettle Chips (usually Maui Onion) and Snyder's Pretzels (usually Hot Wing Buffalo Sourdough Bites)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.