Jedigoat Presents: Nightly's Movie Of The Week! Week One: THE NICE GUYS

Jedigoat

19 hours ago, Zathras said:

Sorry guys, this has to go into the movie about a stereotypical absentee parent, who is a habitual fuck up buffoon with a heart of gold,  that wins the day by pure luck, who has a pissed off teen child who knows all story column.   I won't say it is horrible, just a film trying to ape the Coen Brothers way too hard with predictable tropes. 

Can you tell me the title of the Coen Bros. movie this is trying to imitate? If it's more than one, then, which ones?

2 hours ago, R.CAllen said:

Can you tell me the title of the Coen Bros. movie this is trying to imitate? If it's more than one, then, which ones?

Lol....yeah, it's a very specific stereotypical movie you're talking about here.

It's a genre piece so I don't mind the tropes so much, especially from a writer/director who invented or reimagined (perfected? ) what many of the tropes from the 80's we're so use to now. 

Black's no Tarantino, I  guess.  He also never got as big to be deemed overrated.  But Tarantino gets away with all this stuff, so why not Black?

19 hours ago, R.CAllen said:

Not the overall plot, but Nice Guys reminded me of being a similar style and the deadpan sense of humor, and similar type of bumbling characters to Raising Arizona, Fargo, Big Lewbowski, Burn after Reading, Hail Caesar.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.