What are you giving for Christmas this year?

Iceheart

I find that as I get older, and as the people around me age with me, gift giving is more arbitrary than anything. I don't really care what I get (though a cool present is always welcome), and neither do my family and friends. They, like myself, are appreciative of the thought that goes into it. With that said, we don't tend to really tend to think about what presents to get until December.

Although I would like to buy a new gun safe for my father.

I am at an age and income where I don't want, expect, or need expensive gifts, honestly. If I want something, I go out and buy it myself. I think if someone spends $50 on me, that's too much. But I do like to get other people something they want, and I don't mind spending a lot.

Epiphany: What if the kid who's getting nothing for Christmas in the song is the same kid who wants his two front teeth? The one year his parents are simply punishing him with no gifts, and the following year, despite promising to be good, he continues putting tacks on teachers' chairs and breaking bats over people's heads, to the point where his father finally has enough and knocks his teeth out?

And then, it could be that his life is on a downward spiral from there, and he becomes a rapist later in life in "Baby, It's Cold Outside."

• 1 month later...

I have to share with someone... the flower pendant is going to my grandma, the squares to my sister and brother’s girlfriend, the round one to my mom. They’re supposed to be for putting essential oil on so you smell good all day. I’m blending a custom scent to go with for each recipient. I think they didn’t turn out too bad! I need to get a thinner cord than what I have for them, tho...

A4F9DDDB-7C54-4D3C-B9AA-45EBD242992D.jpeg

On 9/12/2020 at 10:58 AM, Cerina said:

I owe my kiddos a magical Christmas. We've had a series of lackluster Christmases. In fact, Luke hasn't had a single magical Christmas yet. I owe them so much.

From all that I know y’all’s are great parents. Please breathe out any stress you might be having in this area.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.