What are you giving for Christmas this year?

Iceheart

Yeah, I know, WAY TOO EARLY, but I'm making most of the gifts I'm giving this year, so I have to think ahead. I made a JoAnn's run this morning for this very reason.

My grandma, mom, sister, and brother's gf are all getting essential oil pendants that I'm making from Sculpey, and a custom essential oil blend to go on it.

Brother #1 is getting a bunch of handmade XXL masks with a bottle of winter blend mask spray. And I have to think of something less useful and more fun to give him, too.

Brother #2 is getting a handmade slouch beanie.

The toddlers in my life are all getting crocheted play food, namely hamburgers and tacos. I found patterns on pinterest that are stupid cute.

My sister's dog will get special homemade gluten-free doggie Christmas cookies.

My dad, and my sister's boyfriend I'm clueless on, but that's why I start early!

Has anyone else even started thinking about this yet?

Luckily we keep our kids' Amazon wishlists very current so it won't be hard to pick some things out for them. For Katie I figured out one thing already, need to come up with another idea or two. My brother is pretty easy too, just some dumbass thing off his Amazon list. My mom is always a problem because I'd like to get her something worthwhile, but she never wants anything more than pictures of the kids. We do things like photobooks for her all the time, which she loves, but I dunno.

Not really! Noah makes over $1200 a year in fundraising. Only about $750 is used for things like campouts and camps. He still has several years before he's eligible for the more expensive high adventure stuff (some of which he'll never be able to do anyway because of his feet), so he spends the excess on newer and better gear. He's one of the most well-outfitted scouts in our troop.

I could totally crochet those cat toys.

I crocheted a penis tampon cover and a vulva pad cover for a white elephant party once. The hostess ended up with them, and she loved them, although she was planning on using them as a dildo koozy and a tissue dispenser.

Books. My dad will get a book of crossword puzzles, my best friend some graphic tpb of Deadpool/Rick&Morty/something by Mark Millar, another friend will get couple of birdwatching books.

Why am I not surprised?

Okay, do you still work at the same bookstore you've worked at for the past 20 years or so? Or have you worked at a few in that time?

Also, long time no see!

I have to get through two birthdays in October before I can even think Christmas.

Fortunately my kids have been thinking about Christmas since December 26. And we dont have family stuff.

So if we all start making/shopping now, Christmas won't suck!

Exactly!

Since there's no kids in my immediate family, and the cats aren't destructive, we generally try to have the bulk of our gifts wrapped and ready to put under the tree the day after Thanksgiving, when we put the tree up. So I have that unusual incentive to have holiday shopping be a pre-holiday thing, too. But it's just so much nicer to be able to enjoy stuff like baking and holiday coffees and parties without also scheduling in time to shop and wrap for everyone in a time crunch. Which is why we started the tradition in the first place.

I want to order a few Christmas smelling face mask sprays for a few co-workers that loved mine.... :)

Yasssss! Thank you!!!

I don't even have the spruce oil yet, but I leaked the plan on instagram over the weekend and people are already beating down my door for it. In September!

I find that as I get older, and as the people around me age with me, gift giving is more arbitrary than anything. I don't really care what I get (though a cool present is always welcome), and neither do my family and friends. They, like myself, are appreciative of the thought that goes into it. With that said, we don't tend to really tend to think about what presents to get until December.

Although I would like to buy a new gun safe for my father.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.