Movies/Shows You Rewatch Over And Over

Jedigoat

My grandma started binging The Golden Girls at the start of the pandemic, and that show is absolutely priceless.

I read that there are rumors going around that they're rebooting it with a new cast. I can get behind this only if the writing is as good as the original.

Also! There was a spin-off called Empty Nest, and a sequel called The Golden Hotel, and you can't find those anywhere.

Was Golden Hotel also the sequel series to the Golden Girls, or am I thinking of something else?

I think you're both thinking of The Golden Palace. ;)

Somehow, I had never heard of Empty Nest before.

Yes! And how??? I actually remember watching it first run in the 80's as a little kid.

I was only vaguely aware of The Golden Palace because I think my mother watched it. I don't think she watched Empty Nest, so that's what I will go with as my reasoning. :shrug:

Then you missed out on the greatest TV dog ever. Dreyfuss.

On 9/9/2020 at 10:28 AM, Iceheart said:

My grandma started binging The Golden Girls at the start of the pandemic, and that show is absolutely priceless.

I read that there are rumors going around that they're rebooting it with a new cast. I can get behind this only if the writing is as good as the original.

Also! There was a spin-off called Empty Nest, and a sequel called The Golden Hotel, and you can't find those anywhere.

I don't know if they could reboot GG. It was SO ahead of its time. I love the chaaracters, especially Rose; she reminds me a lot of my Mom. My Mother is really that clueless at times, though she doesn't have the cheery disposition. I loved the Cheeseman/Samuel Plankmaker episodes the best. The jokes made at Blanche's expense were pretty racy for network TV at the time. My 2 favorites lines? Sophia, caught in bed with Sal's former business partner and asked 'what's going on here?' and she replies "Afterglow". And "I swear to you, I thought I was setting the parking brake" I recall Empty Nest but don't think I remember Golden Hotel.

Since I got rid of cable, I'm watching a lot of ME TV and broadcast networks. I'm seeing lots of M*A*S*H, All In The Family, The Andy Griffith Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show and the Facts of Life.

Movies I watch ad nauseum: Overboard, Always, Terminator, any of the Thin Man films, pretty much any film made in the 1940s, any old school or Miyazaki animation, romcoms and time travel films

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.