Fun Facts

Zathras

Star Wars fun facts--

The name "Anakin" was only heard once in the OT, and not until ROTJ.

Leia's last name "Organa" was never heard/mentioned/spoken in the OT.

In the ANH shooting script, most non-speaking roles had generic names. "Imperial droid" "bartender" "Alliance general" etc. It was not until the toys began manufacturing, and they decided to make on for literally every character, that names were cooked up for all of them (mostly by Lucas.)

(all of these names were established by the ANH radio drama, which pre-EU, was considered canon.

90% of the blasters in ANH are based on actual weapons, most of them from WW2. They were disassembled, and put together in odd combinations.

Most of the production design was based around 2 tons of airline and military scrap that was bought.

Lucasfilm's famous prop/costume/model archive wasn't actually started until ESB. A lot of the props used in ANH had to be returned to where they were rented from, were taken home by people on the production, or simply thrown away.

We are now as far away from Revenge of Sith as we were from Return of the Jedi when Phantom Menace came out.

• 3 weeks later...

Despite being one of my favorite pop song of the 90s and having listened to this song hundreds of times (I was a weekend radio dj at a Top 40 station when this song came out), I realized two days ago the song, "Too Close" by Next is about a guy getting a boner on the dance floor. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.