Nightly. Net On Social Media

Jedigoat

Do we? Facebook, Instagram, etc? Just curious.

Since I've been gone awhile, message boards got killed off by social media. It's awesome that this place, and a few others, are still kicking.

Just using other sites for promoting this place seems like a good idea. Traffic will never be what it was, I know, but a few people may come take a look.

There should be a HISTORY OF NIGHTLY thread. It's evolved so much. I use to post a lot on THEFORCE.NET message boards, I think it was. After a bit of that, I ended up here.

EDIT: Holy shit that site is still around and going strong. Tons of activity. Damn, I wouldn't have guessed that.

There should be a HISTORY OF NIGHTLY thread. It's evolved so much. I use to post a lot on THEFORCE.NET message boards, I think it was. After a bit of that, I ended up here.

EDIT: Holy **** that site is still around and going strong. Tons of activity. Damn, I wouldn't have guessed that.

No one cares about the history of nightly.

But I hear you on the force.net. It was my first daily internet stop for years. In fact, it may have been the first site I ever visited regularly. I started going to it when it was still the star wars page at Texas A&M.

To this day sometimes I will sit down and reflexively start typing the URL.

I only really know the Star Wars Chicks history, and my knowledge is far from complete. StarWarsChicks.com was started by some lady (who was a real flying bitch, thats all I remember about her). She never posted here or anywhere else that I know of. It was basically just a landing page for a SWC ezboard, which is where I started, and the Nightly forum. But I dont know how Nightly got involved with that. Star Wars Chicks changed to Nightlys Angels a couple of years after to avoid any potential lawsuits (told you the site was owned by a bitch). And then it got folded into here when we consolidated a few years after that. There, thats my contribution to this project.

Oh! And I remember we kept submitting a Wikipedia entry and Wikipedia kept deleting it because it was too niche :lol:

I mean, it's just not that complicated.

TPM hype hit, the internet was young, message boards were hip, so a bunch showed up. A dude named Chris started a fan/rumor site called episode something dot com. Nightly was the attached message board.

It got mentioned in an issue of Entertainment Weekly and hade a huge uptick in membership. Big enough that multiple communities formed out of it.

Then 20 years passed and here we are.

If you need a visual representation of Nightlys history and its continued existence then get a balloon. Blow into the balloon until it pops. Keep blowing into the popped balloon. Sometimes blowing into the popped balloon will sound funny. Sometimes blowing into the popped balloon is just sad. If everyone takes turns blowing into the popped balloon there is a good chance we are all drunk. Repeat. This is Nightly.

TPM hype hit, the internet was young, message boards were hip, so a bunch showed up. A dude named Chris started a fan/rumor site called episode something dot com. Nightly was the attached message board.

It got mentioned in an issue of Entertainment Weekly and hade a huge uptick in membership. Big enough that multiple communities formed out of it.

You missed the part where that Chris dude was a dick who wanted to delete the boards, but he made the mistake of giving a 14-year-old his passwords.

You missed the part where that Chris dude was a dick who wanted to delete the boards, but he made the mistake of giving a 14-year-old his passwords.

HAHA! Suck it Sherman!!!

EDIT: Holy **** that site is still around and going strong. Tons of activity. Damn, I wouldn't have guessed that.

No one cares about the history of nightly.

But I hear you on the force.net. It was my first daily internet stop for years. In fact, it may have been the first site I ever visited regularly. I started going to it when it was still the star wars page at Texas A&M.

To this day sometimes I will sit down and reflexively start typing the URL.

They will when you're famous

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.