What movie could have ended in 10 minutes if the main character was smarter?

2001 : A Space Odyssey (1968) - if an ominous obsidian rectangle appeared before ME to uplift my entire species and teach us all to make war, one upon another, I would simply refuse. I would not even touch the antelope bone at all! I would just leave the bone alone, would not use it for violence, would not throw the bone up in the air!

The Wizard of Oz (1939) - technically the movie could've been over before it ever even begun if once upon a time Queen Lurline hadn't flown across the breadth of Oz and enchanted the entire country with her faerie magic. No magic Oz, no magic tornado. BUT SHE WAS TOO DUMB. Dorothy Gale could've spent the rest of her life in Kansas but Queen Lurline wasn't smart enough to make the right decision!

Titicut Follies (1967), High School (1968), Law and Order (1969), Hospital (1970), Basic Training (1971), Juvenile Court (1973), Welfare (1975), The Store (1983), Racetrack (1985), Multi-Handicapped (1986), Deaf (1986), Adjustment and Work (1986), Blind (1987), Central Park (1989), Aspen (1991), Zoo (1993), High School II (1994), Public Housing (1997), Belfast, Maine (1999), Domestic Violence (2001), The Garden (2005), State Legislature (2007), La Danse (2009), Boxing Gym (2010), Crazy Horse (2011), At Berkeley (2013), National Gallery (2014), In Jackson Heights (2015), Ex Libris – The New York Public Library (2017), Monrovia, Indiana (2018), City Hall (2020) --- IF THEY JUST DON'T LET FREDERICK WISEMAN THROUGH THE DOOR THEY CAN ALL GO HOME EARLY

Hopefully Matrix 4 is all about an alcoholic Neo realizing his mistakes.

I maintain that the John Wick trilogy is actually the machines making a special simulation for Neo to keep him occupied while they rebuild.

BTTF-- if Marty remembered the video camera and used a tripod.

Wrath of Khan-- if Kirk reported Carol's message to starfleet to investigate instead of taking a ship full of kids

Blade Runner-- if Deckard refused to go back to work

We can do this all day-- just find the act one break of any famous movie and reverse it

No Country for Old Men: check for a tracker before you take the money home!

Lord of the Rings: Call the Eagles at the beginning, fly over the volcano, and drop the ring in.

The ST: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Star Trek 2009: Instead of flying around space for 20 years before deciding to destroy Vulcan, Nero should have gone directly to Romulus, and given the Romulan Star Empire all that 24th Century (and Borg?) technology. Romulus could have ruled the galaxy, and Nero could have been their Praetor with all his knowledge of the future. He literally could have been Biff with the World Series almanac.

Jor-el convinces his people to immediately evacuate.

The Waynes get a cab.

I suppose this stretches the main character specification. However if they did those actions and thus the movie ended then they would have been the main characters. Plus the actions should qualify under the being smarter stipulation.

Not the best film of course, but I quite like the dvd extra on Final Destination 3 where you can choose your adventure and that determines who dies and how other scenes play out.

Pick one option right at the start and the group dont go on the roller coaster and the credits roll!

No Country for Old Men: check for a tracker before you take the money home!

Lord of the Rings: Call the Eagles at the beginning, fly over the volcano, and drop the ring in.

The ST: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Star Trek 2009: Instead of flying around space for 20 years before deciding to destroy Vulcan, Nero should have gone directly to Romulus, and given the Romulan Star Empire all that 24th Century (and Borg?) technology. Romulus could have ruled the galaxy, and Nero could have been their Praetor with all his knowledge of the future. He literally could have been Biff with the World Series almanac.

LOTR: That would not have worked. It had to be in secret while Sauron's eye was fixed elsewhere. A giant eagle flying into Mordor would not have worked. The whole reason the plan works is that Sauron cannot fathom good. Evil can never fathom the selflessness of good. He cant imagine they'd try to destroy The Ring. He believes they will try to use it as a weapon against him.

Mordor is not the only volcano.

It;s the only one where the fires burn hot enough to destroy the ring. It must be thrown back into the fires from whence it came on Mount Doom. There is no other way to destroy it. They discuss all this. I cant really remember if its as detailed in the movie as in the book though, so maybe it is somewhat of a movie flaw? Although Im 100% certain its said only the fires of Mt Doom can destroy it.

It;s the only one where the fires burn hot enough to destroy the ring. It must be thrown back into the fires from whence it came on Mount Doom. There is no other way to destroy it. They discuss all this. I cant really remember if its as detailed in the movie as in the book though, so maybe it is somewhat of a movie flaw? Although Im 100% certain its said only the fires of Mt Doom can destroy it.

Well, get back to me when you re-read FOTR and rewatch the movie again. :p j/k

But really, how serious do you think this thread is, anyway? I am not being serious at all. I mean the way the movies are written are as intended, so one has to assume how the events play out are the only way they can play out.

Also just for complete nerd accuracy. The land is called "Mordor", the mountain is called "Mount Doom".

Well, get back to me when you re-read FOTR and rewatch the movie again. :p j/k

But really, how serious do you think this thread is, anyway? I am not being serious at all.

No one is being serious, LOL

Final Destination 3 was one of the better ones. Is that on the DVD? I think I might have that one.

Yes thats right - an extra feature on the dvd. Well worth having a go! Kind of works like that Black Mirror episode with the on screen prompts (2 choices) at various key stages of the film, but really is just a creative way of utilising the unused footage / deleted scenes.

They are good fun - easy watching! Think there were 4 or 5 films in total.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.