Upgrading Nightly - would/could you contribute?

Nightly upgrade contribution  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you contribute?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How much would you be willing to donate?

• $10
    • $20
    • $30
    • $50
    • $100
    • Other (please let us know)

I have been slowly turning things off for a while. Nobody has noticed yet.

I actually want to keep a few things censored, mainly racist words that have no place in society.

I actually want to keep a few things censored, mainly racist words that have no place in society.

And Tank for comedy purposes.

Tell me where to send monies

EDIT: WHY IS Tank UNCENSORED

Threepio

Artoo

(just testing)

Threepio

Artoo

(just testing)

Fixed the Supersh@dow filter for you.

Threepio

Artoo

(just testing)

Fixed the Supersh@dow filter for you.

LOOK WHAT YOU DID

Were at $220.08, which is more than enough for the upgrade. Im transferring funds from PayPal and then will get them to JA

WHERE DO I SEND!? Did I miss it? I am still happy to send for hosting and maintenance costs.

• 3 weeks later...

'sokay, I copied all my favorite Nightly blog entries to my hard drive long ago because I knew the day would eventually come when all that would be vaporized, just like that one time when the thousands of words and dozens of hours I poured into the Nightly.net News site were flushed down the drain.  I was just surprised to see it happen so brusquely, is all.

To be fair, the question wasn’t whether historical blogs have worth, but should the community pay for something that no one has used in over 5 years. Why keep spending money on a gym membership if you know you’re just going to sit on the couch watching Scooby-Doo?

Blogs worked when we were a busier board, and didn't want people cluttering up with any random thought.  Now we're the opposite. We're begging you to start a thread with any random thought you had in the past 25 years so we can discuss it and talk about our thoughts related to those thoughts and how we're better than everyone else online.

Is the recent bot attention due to having software modern enough for bots to understand? lol Or has the lifting of some censors allowed search engines to sort the site into search algorithms which get bot attention? Or was I just that much of an irregular attendee to the boards prior to the update that I’m only noticing business as usual? No judgement here, pure curiosity. Also thanks for all the effort y’all are putting in here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.