Upgrading Nightly - would/could you contribute?

Nightly upgrade contribution  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you contribute?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How much would you be willing to donate?

• $10
    • $20
    • $30
    • $50
    • $100
    • Other (please let us know)

JA has a ticket into IPS, the company that makes IP Board, to see about the upgrade process. He thinks were going to lose all of our skins, etc. He wants to hold off until he hears from them.

I dont think thats a big deal, and I will try to copy what we have to see if we can bring it back. But I am guessing most people would agree that modern software is more important than our current skin?

He also says that he has Venmo and Cash App, but no PayPal. But if anyone needs to use PayPal, Ill give my address when were ready. I can also accept bribes through any of the above listed platforms.

My vote: the skin to me is low priority, but it would be nice to try to match the color scheme to what we currently have as close as possible with the new options,and without extreme measures like trying to migrate over this theme/skin or anything. It doesn't have to look exactly like what we have, just similar color scheme. Darker tones are easier on my eyes, as I am one of the dinosaurs who primarily use a PC to post.

Just to make sure I'm being clear:

JA is checking with IPS about upgrades. He is the owner of the site, and the only person who can okay any major changes. So we need to wait until he hears back from IPS, and gives us the go ahead. At that point, we'll get payment information out to anyone who needs it.

All skins will go away - not unexpected, and well see what we can do to fix it once weve gone through it. I can work on it, but I have a lot of irons in the fire and re-skinning Nightly is low priority.

The other question is Blogs. Its been turned off for years, but technically still exists. I think its a bad idea, but thought I would check with the community. Its an additional $75 up front and $10 every 6 months.

A message board is pretty much just a super interactive blog to begin with, and we dont need anything that takes away from content creating for the main forums.

Thoughts?

Also, if you want to donate PM me and let me know which platform you prefer. JA is using Venmo, but if you need to use PayPal or Cash App, I have those and can forward to him after embezzling some funds.

I dont need a blog. Ill get a Wordpress if I feel the need to publicly journal, which I havent since LiveJournal was the proto-social media of choice that all my IRL friends used.

If we can get a midnight blue skin for old times sake that would be cool, but yeah, skins dont matter.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.