Upgrading Nightly - would/could you contribute?

Nightly upgrade contribution  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you contribute?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How much would you be willing to donate?

• $10
    • $20
    • $30
    • $50
    • $100
    • Other (please let us know)

In order to upgrade Nightly and make improvements, we would need to purchase a new license. The license for just the forums would be $200, plus $25 every six months. I think we have the six month renewal cost covered, but would people be interested in chipping in to do the upgrades? I know now isn't a great time for a lot of people, and Nightly certainly can exist without any upgrades, but I wanted to see how people felt about it.

I have a feeling this will still be an issue by the time you're back on your feet. Unless I get a better paying job soon. Or the government finally does a second stimulus.

I can donate a 1 time donation of $75. More if I am able to. Kind of hard for me to commit to a monthly fee, mostly because I might forget. I don't care what happens to the archives. Please let me know how to donate. I have paypal if that helps.

Yeah, I'm super not interested in charging a monthly fee. Like I said, we're looking at $50 a year, payable every 6 months. I can swing that.

And I'm totally okay with burning the archives. I do wish there was a way to download them for individuals who care.

I don’t really contribute much to this place but considering been here for 20+ years I’d be happy to give something back. I’m in a lucky situation at the moment where I’ve actually accepted a new role with a pay bump. . .I’m also a single 30 something with no kids at all, so majority of my income is expendable. So I’d be happy to front the entirety of the costs for the upgrade and ongoing costs this year. (I spend more on alcohol in a week so not a big drama)

I want to give but right at this moment I am getting broker for a person who has two jobs. I've been paying my sisters bills (phone and car services-bus to get her around) and on top of that I have been helping out a lot of parents in our school district with supplies. What I have left I could give. I need this place. HA.

Okay, so we're upgrading, my kids are going to college, and no more archives. Great.

Seriously, you guys are super generous. Chalcedony, I speak for everyone here when I say that your presence is enough. We know you don't have much to spare, and we greatly appreciate the offer, but hold on to your money.

I asked JA to pop in and give us more information on where to send money, etc. So he will hopefully pop in soon with an update.

So many thousands of posts have already been lost, whats the deal with a few thousand more? Maybe the on topic stuff is okay to keep, but the community posts can get gone.

One functionality Id love is to be able to post a picture difrectly from my phone.

I feel like there's a difference between stuff that just gets deleted because it remained unsaved and deleting stuff that was saved already. I don't think there being a lot of the former means the latter declines in value. I kind of even don't really see what one has to do with the other --- it's like you're telling me it's okay to get rid of the Archives because after all any time anyone edits one of their posts the original is also disposed of, gone forever, poof, so what's the problem?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.