Defunct Restaurants/Stores

Jedigoat

These stupid articles always pop up on my desktop's newsfeed.

I miss Raxx, anyone know what the hell that is?

I miss Showbizz Pizza. Way better than Chuck E. Cheese.

We had a pizza place called Godfather's which was amazing.

Prior to Taco Bell coming to town in the mid 80's, we had Taco Grande, which was way better.

Never heard of Raxx with two Xs, but there was a fast food place called Rax that I loved. Still has a couple locations in Ohio somewhere. Great roast beef sandwiches.

Never heard of Raxx with two Xs, but there was a fast food place called Rax that I loved. Still has a couple locations in Ohio somewhere. Great roast beef sandwiches.

My bad. I thought it had two x's

I liked Borders better than Barnes and Noble but I dont remember why now

It was because they had coupons. Barnes and Noble has rewards but you have to pay to be a member.

Oh! So it is the same place? We used to go there for lunch in high school. We were allowed to leave campus for lunch our senior year, and you could get the salad bar for super cheap and eat a ton.

Oh! So it is the same place? We used to go there for lunch in high school. We were allowed to leave campus for lunch our senior year, and you could get the salad bar for super cheap and eat a ton.

I remember that. Remember Wendy's Super Bar?

Anyway, Rax was way better than Arby's.

There was a great store in my hometown that theoretically was an electronics store that specialized in sound systems, but was primarily a used record store. It was run by these old guys who would just sit and listen to music all day, and they knew everything. And the stuff was cheap. I would go in there with 20 bucks and come out with 20+ CDs, and several were just free because if you want Miles Davis you have to have John Coltrane, so take this one with you.

At one point I know I left with Green Day, the Misfits, Tim McGraw, Thelonious Monk, a couple CDs of African music, and stuff that got even weirder than that. It was a great time to be young and into music.

Unfortunately, Best Buy moved in down the road and put them out of music.

Threshold - I still miss you, 20+ years later.

Ah man, independent music stores are amazing. I also miss the baseball card and comic book shops. They were at least three baseball card stores and two comic shops. They're long gone except one comic shop still surviving somehow.

There's still some comic shops around, though they are dying, unfortunately. Card shops, though, man. Those were some fun shit. Sports cards, comic cards, all kinds of things. It's kinda weird to think how popular and ubiquitous cards were back in the day and how they just kinda... stopped.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.