New examples of irony for Alanis Morissette to use

Iceheart

Ive taken the past month off from strength training and the past two weeks or so from my daily 2.5 mile walks to rest up my creaky, painful hips and because I was getting burned out and needed a break.

Today, my hips finally feel good and I want to blow off some steam, so I strap on my hiking shoes and start walking.

In the intervening two weeks, some car dug a nice little hole in the dirt shoulder I walk on, and a bunch of creeping weeds grew over it so you cant see it. Boom, down I go, maybe 1/4 mile into my walk. Scraped knee, big ol goose egg on my ankle, and the resting an injury cycle begins anew before I even have a chance to start exercising again.

Isnt it ironic, dont you think?

Got anything else thats like rain on your wedding day?

I have fibromyalgia, Im already not a candidate for Beast Mode. I do 30 minutes of light training every single day, PTs orders. And it was still too much for my hips to recover from a spasm.

And Alanis has been dragged for 30 years for writing a song about irony and using zero examples of actual irony.

the song's ironic cuz nothing she sings about in it is ironic at all

THANK. YOU. GAWD

It's like loading up on weapons to protect you for the apocalypse or the boogeyman who is coming for your guns, then blowing your face off one day while cleaning one of them.

but that doesn't rhyme

the song's ironic cuz nothing she sings about in it is ironic at all

THANK. YOU. GAWD

It's like loading up on weapons to protect you for the apocalypse or the boogeyman who is coming for your guns, then blowing your face off one day while cleaning one of them.

but that doesn't rhyme
Alanis is going to great lengths to consider her lyrics rhyming too. PUT IT IN!

Or like loading up on weapons because you think the apocalypse is going to be a civil war against the government, but its really a pandemic while your guy is in office and you then refuse to wear a mask because that infringes on your personal freedoms and makes you look like a sissy. Even though the bandana you were already wearing around your mouth and nose to look like an awesome rebel with your gun works as a mask.

BOOM!

Mr. Play It Unsafe refused to wear a mask,

Then his wife and kids say, goodbye you dumbass.

He spent his whole damn life being a nationalist,

That big fat f**k, I hope the coffin fits.

Damnit, that's not irony either. But it's justice. Lol. This is hard. Alanis, I forgive you.

• 1 month later...

How’s this one?

I’m pretty sure one of the kittens stole my Bluetooth headphones (they’re the athletic kind with the strap that keeps them together, so basically a perfect cat toy). I knew they’d turn up eventually, but not knowing when eventually was and wanting my headphones now, I ordered a new pair on Prime Day.

I, of course, find the original pair hidden in my blankets the day the replacement pair arrives.

I’m keeping the new ones as a spare pair. With coupons and rewards and all that they were free, anyway.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.