Thank You, Nightly

Hey, everyone! I just wanted to take a moment to express my heartfelt thanks to all of you. Not only have you put up with me in being essentially my collective second therapist (or third now, technically), but the advice you've given me has helped me out in my personal life tremendously. I know that sometimes I have a hard time sensing someone's tone, or I think a piece of advice is an insult, and for that I am sorry.

Honestly, this is the most civil and mature community I have ever belonged to. I used to hang around only in the Star Wars forum, but I've only recently started poking around elsewhere. (I've also finally put up an avatar--and one this is a picture of myself--after about a decade of not bothering with it.) I just regret that, because of my threads here in the cantina, many of you may have come to characterize me based on one small side of my personality I've exhibited here. That's also my fault, and I assure you that there's a lot more to me than you know. I am liked by most people I know, though conversely, there's a lot of crap about me that they don't know, so it gets kind of annoying when people I know (particularly older people, and most of them with issues themselves) sing my praises and flatter me. To be honest, I'll take Choc's blunt criticisms over that stuff any day.

I have been making small attempts in the very recent past to contribute to other people's queries and plights here in the cantina, and hopefully I'll continue to do so. So once again, thank you all for being such amazing people.

Were glad that you want to be more part of the community, Zerimar. I dont think anyone here thinks they understand you completely, we understand that people have depth and cant be pigeonholed easily.

Except Krawlie. Hes an ass, and loves to be pigeonholed. Which is like being cornholed only with a bird.

Hahaha! Oh my.

Yeah, I joined in 2004 out of hype for Revenge of the Sith. I was actually referred by Aaron, aka Light Sith, if you guys remember him. Nightly was never really my default message board as I belonged to a Final Fantasy message board at the time, which finally went offline about five or so years ago. The people there were far less mature than you all are, yet for some reason it was ingrained in my as my online "home." Nightly was just a place to talk about Star Wars.

Truthfully, it's nice to have a dedicated message board to belong to in these times, with social media attracting all the attention. I can't tell you how many message boards I've seen go down, including the revered Lucas Forums, which has past just as long and epic as ours.

Except Krawlie. Hes an ass, and loves to be pigeonholed. Which is like being cornholed only with a bird.

Be honest, your read that off of Cards Against Humanity, didn't you?

When I was younger, I would've been capable of coming up with stuff to make those guys blush.

Be honest, your read that off of Cards Against Humanity, didn't you?

When I was younger, I would've been capable of coming up with stuff to make those guys blush.

Try me

ARE WE DRINKING THIS WEEKEND? I"m doing my Saudi Arabia show so I have both days open and have satrted PRE drinking b/c friday/pay day

I play CAH online regularly to pass the time. It's only a problem now that Lyra likes to read over my shoulder.

you taught her to read?

Try me

I said when I was younger! I'm not young anymore.

Hey, everyone! I just wanted to take a moment to express my heartfelt thanks to all of you. Not only have you put up with me in being essentially my collective second therapist (or third now, technically), but the advice you've given me has helped me out in my personal life tremendously. I know that sometimes I have a hard time sensing someone's tone, or I think a piece of advice is an insult, and for that I am sorry.

Honestly, this is the most civil and mature community I have ever belonged to. I used to hang around only in the Star Wars forum, but I've only recently started poking around elsewhere. (I've also finally put up an avatar--and one this is a picture of myself--after about a decade of not bothering with it.) I just regret that, because of my threads here in the cantina, many of you may have come to characterize me based on one small side of my personality I've exhibited here. That's also my fault, and I assure you that there's a lot more to me than you know. I am liked by most people I know, though conversely, there's a lot of crap about me that they don't know, so it gets kind of annoying when people I know (particularly older people, and most of them with issues themselves) sing my praises and flatter me. To be honest, I'll take Choc's blunt criticisms over that stuff any day.

I have been making small attempts in the very recent past to contribute to other people's queries and plights here in the cantina, and hopefully I'll continue to do so. So once again, that you all for being such amazing people.

Don't worry man I won't sing your praises of flatter you.

But seriously you are obviously a good guy. Just the fact that you come here and ask others for insights into stuff that happens in your life is proof of that. Many people would just be like "that so an so is crazy" or whatever and just go on thinking they were not at fault at all. Coming here to get some advice shows some introspection and that you want to maybe like see ways you could do things differently.

Plus you look like you are probably bigger than me, so I figure I should be nice to you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.