Things You Own A ****load Of

Jedigoat

Sometimes I collect things but then I quickly grow tired of collecting that thing and I think to myself "I don't need any of this crap" and I throw it all away. I suppose the only thing I'd say I have alot of now are beer glasses but even those at some point when I get a new one I like I think "who needs this many" and I will give one or two away that I no longer find myself using. Sometimes if a friend is over and comments that they like a certain mug I'll jst give it to them, even if its my favorite mug. Im not someone who much likes to have extra useless things.

Having said that I can become weirdly obsessed with finding certain things I want. Like for the lakehouse I wanted the exact lights my grandma and grandpa used to have on their porch at their lakehouse. It took forever to find them but once I figured out what to put into searches they became fairly easy to find. I bought enough to fill the whole back porch, throwing away the newer lights I had bought only months earlier. But then again my old school porch lights aren't useless, they light my porch.

Sometimes I collect things but then I quickly grow tired of collecting that thing and I think to myself "I don't need any of this crap" and I throw it all away

Ha! This is me with some stuff, though I usually give them away or sell on the cheap.

My sisters stuff is here at least. And apparently she owns 130 bras and underpants. I counted them. Because I had to find a home for all of them. Jesus. I mean I knew she was a stripper and some of them are amazing. Like the has a disco ball set that is mirrored crotch area and pasties that she probably paid a fortune for. Plus some other ones.

I feel bad because some of the stuff my parents brought all the way from her former home I threw straight in the trash. She had FIVE laundry baskets. All stunk of smoke and were yellowed and her pillows. To get those professionally cleaned it will be cheaper to just buy her new ones.

Sometimes I collect things but then I quickly grow tired of collecting that thing and I think to myself "I don't need any of this crap" and I throw it all away

Ha! This is me with some stuff, though I usually give them away or sell on the cheap.

Well if I had a collection that was actually worth something, then I'd sell it. I once had a nice collection of Mitchell and Ness throwback baseball jerseys. My goal was to get one player from each team. I got to a certain point where the only teams left were teams I didnt really have an interest in getting jerseys for like the D-Backs, Marlins, Rockies etc. So essentially my collection was as complete as I wanted it to be. I didn't want to buy more. As soon as I stopped buying more the collection was a waste for me. Those I did sell because they are expensive jerseys and I never wore them so they were all good as new. Was able to get a good amount of money back.

Well if I had a collection that was actually worth something, then I'd sell it. I once had a nice collection of Mitchell and Ness throwback baseball jerseys. My goal was to get one player from each team. I got to a certain point where the only teams left were teams I didnt really have an interest in getting jerseys for like the D-Backs, Marlins, Rockies etc. So essentially my collection was as complete as I wanted it to be. I didn't want to buy more. As soon as I stopped buying more the collection was a waste for me. Those I did sell because they are expensive jerseys and I never wore them so they were all good as new. Was able to get a good amount of money back.

Dude I am sure you could get someone to pay good money for that stuff. That's the thing about collections, though. Your item(s) are only worth as much as the next person is willing to pay. Also, depends on how much effort and time you want to put into selling said thing, too. When I do sell things I no longer want, I usually take a bath because I hate haggling, and would rather just get some cash at a loss, or even give away outright, rather than throwing it out. Especially if it is an item someone else really does want and it will make them happy. That alone is a good thing, IMHO.

You have any left? Who ya got?

I only have Mickey Mantle left, which I wont sell. I actually wear that one. I can tell you what I used to have if interested.

My son loves Griffey Jr. and I only wear REDS jerseys, so I was only really curious of those.

The Mariners were another team I wasn't interested in getting. For the Reds I had a road mid 70s era Joe Morgan.

Dude I am sure you could get someone to pay good money for that stuff. That's the thing about collections, though. Your item(s) are only worth as much as the next person is willing to pay. Also, depends on how much effort and time you want to put into selling said thing, too. When I do sell things I no longer want, I usually take a bath because I hate haggling, and would rather just get some cash at a loss, or even give away outright, rather than throwing it out. Especially if it is an item someone else really does want and it will make them happy. That alone is a good thing, IMHO.

Well I did sell the jerseys. Made back alot of money. On a few of them that they don't produce often I sold them for more than I paid. Considering I usually waited until the site had like a special 50% off sale which they usually did once a year and I usually would get 1 a year as an Xmas gift I may have even broke even or made a bit. I didn't keep that close of track.

For other stuff I collect for short periods it's usually a spur of the moment. Like one day Ill just toss it out without any thought. And honestly I've never regretted doing it. If I have something that a friend collects also then obviously Ill offer them their choice of my stuff, but outside of that I just toss it. I don't even wanna hold it until I find someone to give it to.

You have any left? Who ya got?

I only have Mickey Mantle left, which I wont sell. I actually wear that one. I can tell you what I used to have if interested.
My son loves Griffey Jr. and I only wear REDS jerseys, so I was only really curious of those.

The Mariners were another team I wasn't interested in getting.

Wha?????

LOOK I HAVE REALLY WIDE SHOULDERS AND FINDING CLOTHES THAT FIT RIGHT IS AN ISSUE

one word: TAILORING

But... he was responding to being mocked for having something tailored.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.