Things You Own A ****load Of

Jedigoat

I have lots of t-shirts, action figures, and Star Wars miniature games. I've been told to curtail my collection of two of those, but SORRY JULI IT'S MY MONEY TO WASTE ON WHAT I WANT FIGHT ME i'm sorry yes I would like to sleep in the bed tonight thank you for putting up with me

I have lots of t-shirts, action figures, and Star Wars miniature games. I've been told to curtail my collection of two of those, but SORRY JULI IT'S MY MONEY TO WASTE ON WHAT I WANT FIGHT ME i'm sorry yes I would like to sleep in the bed tonight thank you for putting up with me

I'll talk to her.

post-2527-0-29861300-1597957625_thumb.jpg

You know, I'm just throwing this out there. Most of us have been posting here for years, and I think most, if not all the trolls are gone.

This thread caused me to think, and it seems a lot of us collect one thing or another, and others are parents who have to shop for their kids (EG kids books or clothes). This means that a lot of us might have things we no longer want, and considering craigslist is often full of scammers, and ebay has some outrageous prices depending on what you are looking for, I wonder if it wouldn't be a bad idea if an admin created a private forum here on nightly, where only nightly regulars have access (or those who post infrequently can request access), and nightly members can feel free to post things they are looking to buy, sell or trade? I know that could open a can of worms when it comes to security, which is why I think if it is kept to people who are known members, and the fact we have known each other for years, I would like to think no one would rip anyone else off here, or do anything nefarious. I know that is something I don't remember being done on nightly, and there could very well be a reason behind why it hasn't. But, what does everyone think?

So cleaning out a closet today I discovered I have 5 laptops I have never recycled because I need the drives. Even though the cats destroyed them. Anyone want a laptop? One is a i7 intel chipset that has a cracked monitor screen and missing like 5 keys.

One of our scouts just had his Eagle project approved to do an electronics collection/recycling thing. If you could get them here without breaking the bank, I'll give them to him for recycling.

So cleaning out a closet today I discovered I have 5 laptops I have never recycled because I need the drives. Even though the cats destroyed them. Anyone want a laptop? One is a i7 intel chipset that has a cracked monitor screen and missing like 5 keys.

Of course Cerina has first dibs and i'm not asking for them, since she spoke up before me, but just for future reference for anyone interested, repairing laptops and computers are my specialty! And at work, I have a hard drive degausser and hard drive crusher.

Laptops have been hard to come by for me lately, but I often get offered old PCs from people, then I refurbish repairable computers (been a year or so, so nothing recently), and get them working again, and then donate to charity. One of my most recent projects involved taking some 40 desktop PCs I received in donation, and brought them to the Hopi Nation a couple years back, after I repaired them.

Of course Cerina has first dibs and i'm not asking for them, since she spoke up before me, but just for future reference for anyone interested, repairing laptops and computers are my specialty! And at work, I have a hard drive degausser and hard drive crusher.

Laptops have been hard to come by for me lately, but I often get offered old PCs from people, then I refurbish repairable computers (been a year or so, so nothing recently), and get them working again, and then donate to charity. One of my most recent projects involved taking some 40 desktop PCs I received in donation, and brought them to the Hopi Nation a couple years back, after I repaired them.

That's a much better idea! I have a couple of old laptops that could use some repair/upgrading. We should talk about that more.

I don't really have a crapton of anything anymore. I've moved so many times, and had to get rid of stuff each time to save money on moving, that I just don't bother collecting things anymore. Well, that, plus collecting stuff requires money, which I don't have much of, and space to display and store it all, which I also don't have. After my cat, Stormy, died, I had to keep myself busy somehow, to cope with the grief, so I went on a cleaning, purging, and reorganizing spree of my entire apartment. I got rid of books, clothing, art supplies, and just random bits and bobs that I didn't need anymore. So, unless you count the remaining art supplies, I don't have any collections.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.