Things You Own A ****load Of

Jedigoat

Also, true stories.

1. I knew a dude (weird brother of a friend of mine) who wore a fedora. He ended up becoming a devil worshiper and drank blood.

2. I knew another dude who legit thought wearing a Smokey the Bear hat along with his Hawaiian shirt was fashionable.

OMG I met a few fedoras back in the day who I always suspected would go that route. Gratifying to know my suspicions were kind of right!

And while I would not call it fashionable, it is indeed a LOOK, and I cannot fault him for it.

I should also note that, neither of them ever had a girlfriend, at least at the time I knew them. This is like 25 years ago.

I don't even know how one pulls off a fedora without wearing a suit with it. Even then, not sure how to pull THAT off without looking like a gangster from the 1940s.

Also, true stories.

1. I knew a dude (weird brother of a friend of mine) who wore a fedora. He ended up becoming a devil worshiper and drank blood.

2. I knew another dude who legit thought wearing a Smokey the Bear hat along with his Hawaiian shirt was fashionable.

OMG I met a few fedoras back in the day who I always suspected would go that route. Gratifying to know my suspicions were kind of right!

And while I would not call it fashionable, it is indeed a LOOK, and I cannot fault him for it.

I should also note that, neither of them ever had a girlfriend, at least at the time I knew them. This is like 25 years ago.

I don't even know how one pulls off a fedora without wearing a suit with it. Even then, not sure how to pull THAT off without looking like a gangster from the 1940s.

Ooh, yeah, the mid-90's. They started selling them cheap and plentiful for the swing kids to wear with their zoot suits and chains. And then the "weird" kids who were into stuff like anime and D&D started wearing them (to be fair, the Venn Diagram of the swing kids and the weird kids had a whole lot of middle space. Also, I myself was a weird kid, which is how I know so much about this). I'm pretty sure the weird kids grew up into 2000's incels and never stopped wearing the fedoras.

****. Now what do I do with my hats?

Sell them to the baby fedoras on ebay. Make money. Use it to get a custom made leather number that's legit sexy.

You're right. I'm sorry, you guys. Thanks for the advice. I actually have not been wearing them for a while now, just for the record.

If they're cheap mall store hats, just keep them for a rainy day. But if you're into it, Spend the money, get an OPEN ROAD. It's like a cowboy hat but also a fedora. They're ****ing awesome. I'll never say a dick thing to anyone wearing a Stetson.

Also, true stories.

Ooh, yeah, the mid-90's. They started selling them cheap and plentiful for the swing kids to wear with their zoot suits and chains. And then the "weird" kids who were into stuff like anime and D&D started wearing them (to be fair, the Venn Diagram of the swing kids and the weird kids had a whole lot of middle space. Also, I myself was a weird kid, which is how I know so much about this). I'm pretty sure the weird kids grew up into 2000's incels and never stopped wearing the fedoras.

Sell them to the baby fedoras on ebay. Make money. Use it to get a custom made leather number that's legit sexy.

I'm assuming they were mainly straw fedoras?

I wish I lived in Texas though, because I would wear a ****ing cowboy hat every day.

I suppose I still could but I'd be way too out of place.

I wear one on the occasion. Especially when I play Pokemon Go. Where I collect pocket monsters! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I have two straw cowboy hats, and I wear them pretty frequently in the summer. They get traded for a wool hat that is only slightly western-looking for fall/winter.

After watching Miss Fishers Mysteries I want a Cloche hat. SO BAD.

I wore a fedora for a while in the early 2000s, solely while wearing a suit. I never had any interest in picking up women, though.

Theres a guy at work who is an investigator who wears one, and he legit looks like a 1940s cop. Hes a super nice guy, but he looks like he would slap you around to get information.

Sometimes when I go out, I'll wear a blazer with my jeans or chinos. Not with a hat, though: one or the other. Please tell me blazers aren't looked down on now, too!

Hell no. Always a good look. They exploded in the early 00's but it's still a great look.

I've literally worn the same thing for 30 years.

Jeans, converse, a print t-shirt, a hoody.

Grahted as the decades and styles change, so have the cuts/fits/styles.

In high school it was super baggy jeans, a NIN shirt, and and oversized hoody I could hide in. These days it's stupidly overpriced snug fit jeans, a fresh horror-themed screen print on a vintage t-shirt top, leather converse, and a hoody that's thin and form fitting.

When I have meetings I replace the hoody with a tailored jean jacket or thin 80s style blazer.

I like to stay on brand.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.