Job hunting in the time of Covid

Guest Brando

Nope! I'm on Medicaid. I also don't have a lick of PTO, nor access to FMLA.

I just submitted my application from my desk at my current job because I am That Bitch. I let her know about my surgery schedule, too... so we'll see...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The advice they always give job seekers is to apply for positions even if you don't fit the minimum requirements. Except now websites aren't even allowing you to submit all the way if you don't meet those requirements.

I'm burned out. I don't like my boss at all, am bored of my work, and am finding I don't really like the directions they're pushing me toward for potential future advancement. I thought I did, but the more I experience it the more I realize I don't.

And, it's expensive as shit to live here. We're almost to the point of bailing and going just about anywhere, provided I have a job lined up first. Of course we just signed a new lease lol.

Definitely need something new, I'm just re-learning that I don't really have any quality experience or skills or knowledge or anything.

Just venting, sorry. Carry on.

On 7/21/2021 at 11:51 AM, Darth Krawlie said:

The advice they always give job seekers is to apply for positions even if you don't fit the minimum requirements. Except now websites aren't even allowing you to submit all the way if you don't meet those requirements.

I'm burned out. I don't like my boss at all, am bored of my work, and am finding I don't really like the directions they're pushing me toward for potential future advancement. I thought I did, but the more I experience it the more I realize I don't.

And, it's expensive as shit to live here. We're almost to the point of bailing and going just about anywhere, provided I have a job lined up first. Of course we just signed a new lease lol.

Definitely need something new, I'm just re-learning that I don't really have any quality experience or skills or knowledge or anything.

Just venting, sorry. Carry on.

Want to move to the mountains?  Ever thought about working in education?  We are expanding next year (22-23) and I will have a bunch of openings.  Serious.   

• 1 month later...

So I applied for a job on a whim on Monday. They asked me for an interview yesterday. Had it today, going in not caring much cuz I don't NEED it and figured it wouldn't be worth it. But it went shockingly well. They'll let me know by Friday.

I gotta remember to not get my hopes up. They might decide to pass. They might offer way too low. But I got a good feeling.

EDIT: also just reread the last few posts. I’m a dick for not getting back to you both, Nicole and Phillip, I’m sorry.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:29 PM, Darth Krawlie said:

Hahahahahahahahha oooooooh boy that lowball offer! Not even an offer actually, they passed cuz they knew it wasn’t anywhere close to my salary minimum. How the fuck can anyone think someone can survive in San Di-fucking-ego on less than 35k??? Hahahahaha. Oh man. Haven’t had a good laugh like that in a while.

CB86D819-9AE4-4569-AF46-4ED5FC04E514.jpeg

That you?

I absolutely would have done that had me told during the interview. He even asked me what my salary expectations were. I told him I wouldn't even consider leaving my current job for anything under X, which is why they didn't end up offering it to me. But why couldn't he have just told me then? I mean Jesus. That's like 25 grand less than I make now, why wouldn't he just cut the interview short himself?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.