Job hunting in the time of Covid

Guest Brando

I had a pretty good first interview. I always count it as a good thing when the interviewer laughs at something you want them to laugh at.

She said I should hear back today about whether or not I’ll be interviewing with the team. I kinda wish she had said it would be longer, and then surprised me with getting back. Now I’ll be expecting it all day.

But, I know they got a lot of applicants, LinkedIn shows 91 applicants through that platform, and I got through to the first interview, so that’s something. 

That is something!

I’m 99% sure I got the job. The interview included things like “you’ll be the perf... I mean you’ll be the point person” and “you already have a broad knowledge of the products, so that will be so much easier.” But they’ll tell me officially by next Wednesday.

Well, I’m not moving forward with this one. There’s another job I want to ask her about, though, and share some of my other experience. But I’m going to wait before I respond. Maybe I’ll get to it tonight or tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Iceheart said:

That is something!

I’m 99% sure I got the job. The interview included things like “you’ll be the perf... I mean you’ll be the point person” and “you already have a broad knowledge of the products, so that will be so much easier.” But they’ll tell me officially by next Wednesday.

Yay!!

2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Well, I’m not moving forward with this one. There’s another job I want to ask her about, though, and share some of my other experience. But I’m going to wait before I respond. Maybe I’ll get to it tonight or tomorrow.

Boo!

I’m having my second drink of the night, so hopefully that’ll help my brain shut down. I finished off a bottle of whiskey and now I’m finishing off some vodka.

So I’m probably on the equivalent of drinks 3 and 4.

This is awesome!  Congratulations!

So I applied for a job and went to the the Zoom school board meeting and noticed that they listed my name as an attendee on the official public school board notes.  I had my camera and mic off the whole time.  I didn't know they would publish that.... 

Ugh....

20 minutes ago, Iceheart said:

... are you applying to stand guard on a survivalist compound?

LOL no....It is actually a resort town (not Aspen). 

I think I am going to go ahead and make the drive and leave at lunch.  I think what killed me in the final round of the month long interview process I did in the summer was that I couldn't read anyone's body language.  I couldn't tell if my joke's were landing or if I needed to wrap up answers...etc. 

Oh...are you making face masks on your etsy store?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.