How did voting go for you?

It appears that Alaskans, despite unusually bipartisanly not wanting Don Young to continue as senator (based on anecdotal evidence; chats and reading comments), voted Don Young thru the GOP primary. Hashthing: TheF

Also while I realize primaries have lower turnout than generals, the amount of Democrats that voted in the primary seems to indicate again that Young will not be defeated in the general election because the GOP primary participation far out paced the Democrats. Source

So much for the idea of finally ending Youngs service (hes been in since 1973). We need term limits.

• 5 weeks later...

I teared up a little watching the footage of early voting in Fairfax, Virginia. All those people literally risking their health (and lives!) to try and do what's right. Knowing it might not matter yet being so concerned it won't matter that they'll show up at the earliest possible moment to try and do what they can against it, I don't know. I'm kind of a huge cynic (and there's maybe a thin edge of cynicism in the actions of these people, too) but it really moved me! Probably something broken in my brain (or in my politics) that this mattered to me but the nation's longest lasting protest movement didn't bring a tear to my eye, yeah, I know. שנה טובה ומתוקה, everyone!