The Umbrella Academy

Honestly, I just started the thread because it seemed weird that we don't have one.

I'm about halfway through season 2. It's good, but if they all have to avert yet another apocalypse within a week or so for season 3, I'll get bored.

I loved, LOVED the first two miniseries in comic form-- but I really struggled with the adaptation. I found myself bored, over snd over-/ I never finished S1.

I remain perpetually flabbergasted that it was easier for Gerard Way to become an international rock'n'roll superstar than for him to initially break into comics. He tried to get into comics, comics said 'no! go away! we don't need you for more than an internship!' and so he just sorta shrugged his shoulders and became SUPER FAMOUS instead.

It is seriously hard. I tried for years. My first book came out a couple years ago... and then was cancelled after two issues. There's really only a handfull of guys making a sweet living doing comics, most scramble and scrape without insurance or decent pay.

Marc Guggenheim once told me that he got into TV writing so he could break into comics.

It is seriously hard. I tried for years. My first book came out a couple years ago...

Why dont I remember this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...