Donald Glover as Lando

Darth Krawlie

I'm not into the comics either, and the new EU novels have been, for the most part, a bit rubbish. I'm still interested tho, primarily to see how successful it ends up being and where they go with it, ie. will it branch out in to games and TV series (animated or live-action).

The burning of the bridge had Glover talking hard about it being racially biased, so maybe they avoided drama by coming back to him?

Is all this coming from super secret sources? Did it just happen within the past few weeks? Are you reading between the lines of a New Yorker interview from two years ago? Deadline said at the end of June that Atlanta is coming back in 2021. The most recent Donald Glover hubbub on the Internet (present topic excepted) is when he dropped his album in March and then took it down again. Are you close personal friends with Hiro Murai and he told you all about it in confidence?

He did a round of press right after the show was cancelled and mentioned how he had to trick them to get the show made in the first place, and that he doubted they'd trust him further.

If you google that you can see snippets of it repeated a million times, but not the whole scooop. I'm not saying it won't happen, just that it would surprise me.

But on topic, I doubt the Lando show.

He did a round of press right after the show was cancelled

Wait - is the meaning of the word 'cancelled' in television literally just equivalent to nothing more than "We're not doing another season immediately after this one"? So FX and Donald Glover et al not doing Season 3 right on the heels of Season 2 automatically means cancellation? Season 1 came out in Autumn of 2016 but Season 2 didn't come out until Spring/Summer of 2018 - was it cancelled in the interim? Has Curb Your Enthusiasm been cancelled a half dozen times?

If you google that you can see snippets of it repeated a million times, but not the whole scooop. I'm not saying it won't happen, just that it would surprise me.

I've been googling all this stuff every time before I post in this thread and I always get nothing! Sorry! I don't have high confidence about anyone seeing Atlanta : European Season in 2021 but if it does ever come to our television screens or makeshift ramshackle plague-ridden outdoor theatres I'm going to count that absence of surprise on my behalf as me being right and you being wrong! Someone put it up in the official standings for me in case I'm dead of covid-19 by then.

Technically a cancelled show is one that has production shut down and money taken back by the network or studio and all work ceases.

When a show finishes out a season it's called hiatus. Some shows go on hiatus and never come back. For example, I learned that word when My Two Dads went on it. I'm still waiting.

TECHNICALLY a hiatus means contracts are held, and no one can take other work until the network decides if they are picking the show up or not. Usually they have a year. Sometimes they never say "cancelled" and they simply don't renew the show.

My own show wasn't cancelled per se, we finished our season... Hulu just elected to not pick it up or renew anyone's contract. So we are effectively cancelled, but the plug was never pulled... meaning, if we became a sleeper hit out of nowhere and public interest was there, they could pick us back up.

So it's possible Atlanta could come back, but everyone has moved on, and now the Network knows Glover thinks they need to be played. Hard to say. I just wouldn't hold out hope for it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.