The West (Ye) Administration 2020

Odine

I mean, it would've just been a funny joke if the current sitting president never made the office, but since the Trump precedent has been set is a Kanye presidency THAT ludicrous? It's a scary thought, but I think all bets are off these days. Your thoughts? Is it a joke, or should we all be afraid (again)?

There's a litany of things wrong with him.

Being bipolar isn't the thing he should be beat up over-- that's a serious condition.

But his ego, ignorance, and millionaire-detachment from reality-- all part of the problem and mockable!

Honestly tho, Kanye is everything Trump's voters think Trump is but is not.

Kanye actually is a self-made man. He didn't start his career or empire with a giant loan from his wealthy parents. He's never filed bankruptcy or needed to. Never been investigated for fraudulent or unscrupulous business practices.

He's a family man. Only been married once. Still married. All 4 kids from the same woman. (I literally only know how many kids he has because a friend on FB was bragging that she didn't know that.)

He's an actual professed Christian. He doesn't just claim religion only when asked. He's upfront and seemingly sincere (albeit very very new and young in his faith) about his faith and beliefs.

Under the proper medical care, I'd vote Kanye over Trump. (I'd vote my own shit over either of them, but still...)

There's a litany of things wrong with him.

Being bipolar isn't the thing he should be beat up over-- that's a serious condition.

But his ego, ignorance, and millionaire-detachment from reality-- all part of the problem and mockable!

I was not mocking him. His sanity really is in question, and someone with his mental problems is unfit to run for office of any kind. The thing is, this "run for president" is nothing more than an ego-stroking publicity stunt, probably even something he is making money off of, somehow. At the very least, he may even be trying to just get free secret service protection for life, and nothing more. If he were really serious about running for president, he would have laid the groundwork years ago, and built a record to run on, demonstrating he is worthy of the office.

Mental issues or not, I am convinced Kanye West, Hell, all of the Kardashians are all pretty terrible human beings. I have never understood the appeal, and it is completely bizarre to me that some people not only are fans of and follow them, but think they are some kind of paragons of virtue.

People need to quit putting reality TV stars on a pedestal, let alone think they can actually be effective as political leaders. Haven't we learned this lesson with Trump, yet?

I really dont follow the Hollywood types but I did hear about his latest Twitter meltdown. Honestly, it was sad. That poor man needs help.

If he were an average person with an average income, sure, I'd say poor man, too. I would have a lot more sympathy if the guy didn't have more money than even most of the 1%, but didn't choose to not to seek the help he needs, didn't live a life of gross excess, or didn't exploit religion to add to his already veritable mountain of riches. He is more than capable of affording the best doctors in the world with ease. Everything Kanye West does is nothing more and nothing less than one giant ego stroke. I feel like that about pretty much all the uber rich, so it isn't just West. Maybe I am classist, but that is how I feel about most obnoxious super rich.

'People need to quit putting reality TV stars on a pedestal' This is going to take a LONG time. Have you noticed what humans STILL do when TV cameras are on? Turn on your TV any weekday morning and watch the crowds outside any of the network morning shows. People gather on street corners just to watch live TV. They act like cameras are brand-new technology...they scream and wave and say "woooooo!" ANY TIME a live camera pans on them. And how long has TV been around? 70, 80 years? Americans, at least, are still completely charmed by a live TV camera and act as if it's a novelty. Star worship isn't going anywhere any time soon

Trump's show literally gave me anxiety attacks. I can't handle public criticism, and watching people go through it is almost worse for me than going through it myself. Trump was so mean to his contestants that I couldn't handle watching his show. Yet another reason the country saddened and disturbed me in 2016.

As for Ye, if he were truly serious about this, he would have announced his candidacy before all the primaries started and have been campaigning. I honestly think he doesn't realize rules apply to him. And I don't think that's his bipolar disorder, I think it's his ego.

Reese, I thought he declared bankruptcy a few years ago? Donda's House was a pretty fishy matter, too, IMO. And that latest twitter meltdown was about how he was actively seeking to divorce Kim because she met with a friend of his to discuss a business venture they were working on together without him. Whether that's all talk or not I can't say, but it's out there for anyone to know about.

Honestly tho, Kanye is everything Trump's voters think Trump is but is not.

Kanye actually is a self-made man. He didn't start his career or empire with a giant loan from his wealthy parents. He's never filed bankruptcy or needed to. Never been investigated for fraudulent or unscrupulous business practices.

He's a family man. Only been married once. Still married. All 4 kids from the same woman. (I literally only know how many kids he has because a friend on FB was bragging that she didn't know that.)

He's an actual professed Christian. He doesn't just claim religion only when asked. He's upfront and seemingly sincere (albeit very very new and young in his faith) about his faith and beliefs.

Under the proper medical care, I'd vote Kanye over Trump. (I'd vote my own **** over either of them, but still...)

Well at least now we know who's a Kanye fan around here...

A lot of the reasons people have for hating Kanye are also symptoms of bipolar disorder. He certainly has an ego - is it possible to be successful and not have one? And Kanye is wildly successful, but he also goes through spikes of extreme egotistical behavior that then goes back down to typical rapper/celebrity ego. Which is a common manic symptom.

Suddenly deciding that youre going to be president, and launching your campaign with a ridiculously unplanned event where you rant about Harriet Tubman? Sure, it could just be stupidity, but it also is textbook bipolar disorder.

Kanye and Kim both have done a lot to deserve to be mocked, but Kanye is also dealing with a disease that most people dont understand, and the ones who think they do tend to understand it the least.

Hes not going to be president. Hes not going to be a spoiler who will get Trump elected. Hes a guy dealing with a potentially deadly disease that effects his brains ability to properly function.

Dude thought it was cool to take over what I seem to remember was Taylor Swifts first major award acceptance speech. And hes kept that energy up for what, 15 years now?

Unlike people like me, he has all the resources in the world to get treatment. But he has over a decade of career gaffes to look back on that have made him the kind of celebrity that isnt loved but just followed with grotesque fascination, and hes cool with it. I know bipolar can give you a very warped sense of yourself, but at a certain point he does have to assume culpability for what he does.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.