Icy's Etsy Shop

Iceheart

Dude, I just priced it out, I haven't even ordered the one oil I need for it yet. I'm thinking like middle of October for the debut, and I'm going to promote it as a stocking stuffer. But I'm going to swap out the lavender and tea tree with blue spruce and cedarwood, so it should smell like cutting a Christmas tree. It won't mess with the efficacy, either.

Deodorant paste is exactly what it sounds like. It's a paste, because raw coconut oil has a really low melting point. Mixing it with the other stuff gives it a consistency that's much heavier than lotion but has a similar application glide and feel. It's too loose to go in a stick applicator, and too heavy for a pump bottle. You put it on your underarms with your fingers. I know that sounds weird, but it has three advantages as far as natural deodorant goes - one: I have tried stabilizers like shea butter and beeswax to put it in a stick, and they made the mix less effective, two: those sticks only hold 2oz, I'm selling 4oz jars for the same price if not less, and three, it makes it more versatile, so I can also market it as an anti-chafe paste, and you can also easily transfer some to a smaller container for travel instead of buying a special small stick.

As I kind of said in the item details, I found a recipe on Pinterest 8 years ago, tweaked it so it actually worked, and have been using it all this time. No one ever complains about my BO. But you have to take my word for it without being in close enough proximity to stick your nose in my pit.

The farm I thought was going to be all for it gave me a pass, and the one I thought was a long shot ordered 10 bottles today :eek:

I also got the ingredients today to start formulating a recipe for my muscle rub that doesn't leave a chemical burn. Yes, I am such a delicate princess that Tiger Balm legit gives me a second degree burn. It'll be available in a few weeks if all goes well.

I mean... I've sold some 40 bottles of mask spray between the shops and Etsy, which is a lot, but it's so piecemeal and the payments are usually in cash under the table, so I have a very bad idea of what I've actually made. I should probably do better with that, but I don't feel like I need to yet?

Right now, the mask spray is basically funding the ingredients to make other stuff. I think once the other stuff starts selling, too, I'll actually be looking at a profit.

Speaking of other stuff, I've got a listing up for a custom zodiac blend spray now, too. Considering how ding-dong popular astrology is right now, I think that will eventually take off.

Oof.

It doesn’t smell exactly like pumpkin pie - no cinnamon for one. But it’s very ginger dominant, and there’s nutmeg in there. So YMMV.

... I’m also making it with cannabis infused oil on the side. Can’t sell that on Etsy or ship it, but I already have two buyers locally.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.