UFO

Tank

What about the speed, Zathras? Could a drone have moved straight up so fast that had I blinked at just the wrong time it would have literally seemed to have disappeared?

I don't doubt you at all and nothing I know of can do that. Drone clusters, or lasers, maybe? But then again, that goes to why would someone go to the trouble. Not everything has an easy explanation, and sometimes all one can do is just acknowledge one saw something that can't be explained. I am just saying in general, drones could explain some UFOs. Since I do believe there is extra terrestrial life somewhere in the universe, it makes sense to me some UFOs are in fact extra terrestrial in origin.

Furthermore, I think some UFOs can be explained as supernatural in origin (or what we currently would understand as supernatural, and I believe in that too), and not necessarily from outer space. People have seen things like will-o'-the-wisps (or ghosts lights, whatever name you want to give it) for centuries, even before there was an idea of extra terrestrial life, and every culture has some variation of that.

Simply put, when it comes to unexplained phenomenon, humans are still at the beginning of understanding, not at the pinnacle of knowledge. Thinking we know all there is to know, is wrong-headed, in my opinion.

I do kind of wonder if what I saw when I was a kid was a drone. But it doesn't seem to make any sense, considering where I live/d. There's an Air National Guard base about 75 miles south of me, but why would they test a drone three counties away and on private land? And this thing moved so fast that it was like there and gone in a split second. It was also silent, too, which could have been distance, but the really fast drones are also really loud. Was there even that kind of technology available in the 90's?

I think it was more likely light refracting off the gas of a hot air balloon.

I wish I did.

I my early teens I was all ****ing in on the whole alien thing. Communion...Fire in the Sky...Art Bell...Area 51...The Hills...Carl Sagan... I was in National Forensics League in high school and did an original oratory on why aliens exist...I even won an few runner-ups at a few competitions (all the winners were about like genocide or some bullshit like that).

Anyhow...I think any alien life would be completely unrecognizable and impossible to communicate with so I am pretty agnostic about it now.

Clicking on this thread gave me the most incredible déjà vu. I was certain that we'd discussed this very topic only a few weeks before Quarantine began but a quick search through the Archives reveals that it was ACTUALLY six years ago.

I have seen a UFO but what am I, a sky expert!? There were enough other people around in the general area at the time that if it was actually something out of the ordinary I'm sure lots of those other people would have noticed it as well and made a big to do all about it. But they didn't. V. suspicious in retrospect! WHOOO GOT TO THEM!???

(Also, I hate to be the guy who is like 'I just read a book on this subject and it says' but yes, today of all days, I am that guy! Sarah Scoles' They Are Already Here : UFO Culture and Why We See Saucers is a breezy and accessible deep dive into both contemporary and historical UFO culture! The thing that I got out of it which I didn't have before is that really, no joke, some or nearly all of it might be the work of one (1) deranged / genius billionaire.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.