UFO

Tank

That's classified. :p

True story, though. A lifetime ago, when I was in the military during the early 1990s, I piloted "UFOs," also known as UAVs. This was when drones were not common place. During night time training flights, some local civilians living in small towns near the military base I was stationed at, would sometimes see in the night sky these mysterious lights flying by, and would call their local law enforcement to report these "UFOs." It got so bad at one point, we were ordered to turn off our running lights, except for take off and landing.

When I was maybe 12-13 or so, I was sitting on my bed looking out the window - my sister was asleep and I wasn't, so it was probably 10-11pm. There was a "star" brighter than all the others that I had never seen before to the west, I assumed it was a planet orbiting closer than usual. But then it started blinking on and off, three more lights split off and surrounded it, and it took off from zero to super zoom straight up.

I don't live near any military bases, but at the time the area was heavily surveilled by black helicopters to deter marijuana grows. I was extremely familiar with the helicopters's movements, this wasn't a helicopter.

Edit: Oh, and helicopters make a lot of noise, even with the windows closed. This was completely silent.

We see them all the time when driving home from Austin. We don't believe they're aliens or anything, but we have never figured out what they are. They're just stationary lights floating high above cattle fields and such.

Weird things near Austin? Impossible!

I saw a really fast moving glowing orb in the sky in Switzerland. It was speeding along the horizon right to left above the mountains faster than any plane could go. Then, it was night time so it could have been a guy snowboarding with a flashlight just a lot closer to me than what I thought. So I guess that sighting doesn't carry much weight.

In New Zealand when driving through the central North Island, there is this national park that is quite high in altitude and is a massive tundra plateau with a big mountain in the middle. They shot a lot of Lord of the Rings there and the military always do exercises there too. We would often drive through it, my mates and I, as we would be playing a show in a city on the other side. We would smoke a shit tonne of weed on these journeys (particularly the journey home at 3am) and listen to godspeed you black emperor. We definitely saw what we perceived to be many UFOs and weird black ops government training shit. Lol. In New Zealand. Bunch of stoners. Good times.

My family swears they were chased by a UFO when my mom and siblings were growing up (so probably the 60s). The entire family remembers it, so that's saying something. My grandfather was a county sheriff and investigating cattle mutilations at the time.

There is a screenplay in there.

That's classified. :p

True story, though. A lifetime ago, when I was in the military during the early 1990s, I piloted "UFOs," also known as UAVs. This was when drones were not common place. During night time training flights, some local civilians living in small towns near the military base I was stationed at, would sometimes see in the night sky these mysterious lights flying by, and would call their local law enforcement to report these "UFOs." It got so bad at one point, we were ordered to turn off our running lights, except for take off and landing.

That's super cool!

My family swears they were chased by a UFO when my mom and siblings were growing up (so probably the 60s). The entire family remembers it, so that's saying something. My grandfather was a county sheriff and investigating cattle mutilations at the time.

That's similar to the case documented on the new Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix. Multiple people across one town encountered the same UFO.

We see them all the time when driving home from Austin. We don't believe they're aliens or anything, but we have never figured out what they are. They're just stationary lights floating high above cattle fields and such.

Why do aliens like cows!?

When I was maybe 12-13 or so, I was sitting on my bed looking out the window - my sister was asleep and I wasn't, so it was probably 10-11pm. There was a "star" brighter than all the others that I had never seen before to the west, I assumed it was a planet orbiting closer than usual. But then it started blinking on and off, three more lights split off and surrounded it, and it took off from zero to super zoom straight up.

I don't live near any military bases, but at the time the area was heavily surveilled by black helicopters to deter marijuana grows. I was extremely familiar with the helicopters's movements, this wasn't a helicopter.

Terrifying. I love UFOs. Unless it's dark and I'm not in the city.

I saw a really fast moving glowing orb in the sky in Switzerland. It was speeding along the horizon right to left above the mountains faster than any plane could go. Then, it was night time so it could have been a guy snowboarding with a flashlight just a lot closer to me than what I thought. So I guess that sighting doesn't carry much weight.

In New Zealand when driving through the central North Island, there is this national park that is quite high in altitude and is a massive tundra plateau with a big mountain in the middle. They shot a lot of Lord of the Rings there and the military always do exercises there too. We would often drive through it, my mates and I, as we would be playing a show in a city on the other side. We would smoke a **** tonne of weed on these journeys (particularly the journey home at 3am) and listen to godspeed you black emperor. We definitely saw what we perceived to be many UFOs and weird black ops government training ****. Lol. In New Zealand. Bunch of stoners. Good times.

Love it!

I've seen three.

First was about seventeen years ago. Driving on the highway up through the desert in central Cali. Plenty of cars around, wasn't particularly late, but was dark. I've made the drive during the day, so I know off to my right were just plains of desert farm crops. Just off enough to be obscured in the dark were a set of four lights. They looked like the lights on the wings of a place. They were bright like landing lights, and not very high off the ground. Then the went vertical. If it was a plane, it would be as though the plane was doing a sharp bank. And they veered off to the side. Then, not very far down the road, another set of lights. These one came out of a bank and leveled off. So it was two of these things flying in circles, with precision, at opposite ends of the circular route. Like two planes, flying a track-shaped path. Go down, bank, head up, bank, come back down. They were timed perfectly so they'd bank at the same time, then pass each other relatively close. Again, I could only see the lights. The weird part was, there were other pairs doing the same thing-- maybe five or six, all through the area. Some far off, some right next to the highway.

The second was about ten years ago. I was at a show some friends were playing in Escondito which is a town not far from San Diego. We all saw it, half the town did I think. There's videos of it on youtube. It basically looked like the light bar from the top of a police car just hanging in the sky. Red and blue flashing lights, just hanging in the air. It was up enough that I couldn't discern size/scale. I can't believe I am saying this, but it was doing nothing, so we got bored and eventually went inside.

The third one was around the top of the year, right before the pandemic. I was driving back from a friend's place who lives out in the desert. This was over an entire community, Lancaster/Palmdale, so it wasn't like a small desert town. This one was just a bright light, which then begin to fade in and out, like a slow blinking. Then, a second light split off and started to go down. I was pretty far off over flat land so again, scale and speed were hard to determine. As the second light fell, both of them just faded out. Again-- at night so I couldn't see anything else.

All of these were in desert areas, and all of them were near military bases, so I am relatively certain they were just military maneuvers of some sort, or drones, or experimental craft. While I believe in aliens, I don't buy that every weird light in the sky is aliens.

That said, what I have NOT ever seen is anything physics defying, which always seems to be the kicker.

There is a screenplay in there.

Check out Vast of Night on Amazon.

I know some will laugh at or make fun this, but I do believe in intelligent extra terrestrial life. Maybe most UFOs can either be explained by nature or science, or even being human caused whatever the motive is, but I have to believe that there is extra terrestrial intelligence superior to ours, somewhere within the universe, if not our own galaxy. Maybe that is the definition of the word faith, as much as those who believe in God, or a Creator. I happen to believe in that, too.

It was posted as a link. Posting with the https messes it up and then you need to go in and delete the [ url] stuff.

A few (several?) years ago we had a similar topic where I said that I believe, and letsgo/Amidala/Amanda called me out on it. I explained that I believe because I just decided to take a stance, but I'm like an agnostic that decided to sort of believe in God because of grandma wanting to hear it. I think that if they exist, we'll probably never have contact.

Terrifying. I love UFOs. Unless it's dark and I'm not in the city.

Why do I never seem to be scared by scary things happening to me? I wasn't at all scared, I thought it was the coolest. And it was definitely dark and not in the city.

I know some will laugh at or make fun this, but I do believe in intelligent extra terrestrial life. Maybe most UFOs can either be explained by nature or science, or even being human caused whatever the motive is, but I have to believe that there is extra terrestrial intelligence superior to ours, somewhere within the universe, if not our own galaxy. Maybe that is the definition of the word faith, as much as those who believe in God, or a Creator. I happen to believe in that, too.

I can do you one more when it comes to a laughable belief. I went to a witch salon (yeah, that's a real thing in real life) a few years back, and the conversation around the dinner table turned to what we call "starseeds". If you believe in reincarnation, which everyone at the table did, you're also aware that any kind of soul can reincarnate into any body. Which means there are humans walking around this planet who's souls have been what we would call "aliens" before.

As I'm sure you have deduced, everyone at the table believed in reincarnation, and I was at the table, so yes, I do believe that I have past lives. The memories (or stories my brain makes up while in a semi-dreamlike state, depending on your beliefs and perspectives - I'm not asking anyone else to believe this like I do) are something that I know how to access through meditation techniques, but I don't. Let's just say there were people at that table who are a great example as to why you should live your life now, instead of focusing on someone you aren't anymore. But someone brought up dreams as a way of learning about any alien past you may have. Especially dreams about huge buildings like malls, they're a way that your human mind can process the gigantic spaceships, especially if you don't have a reason to dream about them (like you work in a mall or mall walk). This is where I choked on my tea cake while laughing.

It's rare that I go to a mall, and a few days before the salon I had had this weird dream where I lived in one. I owned, managed, and was seemingly the sole employee of a huge bookstore (that was run like a library, not a store) that was one of the mall's flagship stores. If you've ever been to Arcadian Books in New Orleans, think that, but flagship mall store sized. I had a mattress and a hotplate in a corner, and my life was devoted to finding books for people. Only I was the most over-the-top annoying librarian stereotype. You'll all be glad to know that someone came in looking for 50 Shades of Grey and I banned them from the store. I knew there was a whole mall out there, but I didn't have any interest in any of it. Just books, that's all.

So, I have not only seen a UFO, but I was also an annoying alien librarian hermit in a past life :lol: :lol: :lol:

The odds of us being the only planet with life in the galaxy is slim to none. There are absolutely aliens. I just dont think every unexplainable light in the sky = aliens.

Yeah I think the exact same thing. The universe is too vast and wondrous to believe we are alone. But also, I think most sightings are human caused. Drones have existed since the 1950s, though admittedly, the technology to make them practical has existed only since the 1980s. Still, I think drones explain many UFOS. Not just military drones, but civilian drones, and military contractor drones owned by private companies. This includes UCAVs which are fighter jet drones that pull incredible Gs that would kill a human. Also, the US isn't the only one with drones, so, it would not surprise me if some UFO sightings in the US are foreign government drones, too.

I do kind of wonder if what I saw when I was a kid was a drone. But it doesn't seem to make any sense, considering where I live/d. There's an Air National Guard base about 75 miles south of me, but why would they test a drone three counties away and on private land? And this thing moved so fast that it was like there and gone in a split second. It was also silent, too, which could have been distance, but the really fast drones are also really loud. Was there even that kind of technology available in the 90's?

I do kind of wonder if what I saw when I was a kid was a drone. But it doesn't seem to make any sense, considering where I live/d. There's an Air National Guard base about 75 miles south of me, but why would they test a drone three counties away and on private land? And this thing moved so fast that it was like there and gone in a split second. It was also silent, too, which could have been distance, but the really fast drones are also really loud. Was there even that kind of technology available in the 90's?

On stealth bombers and fighters there is a technology to reduce engine noise, and those date back to the 1990s. So, I think it is plausible maybe that tech was integrated into drones somehow. But, that is just one possible explanation.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.