Michigan's State Government at its finest

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

U of M is taking on my case! So they’re going to navigate all the crap for me. Yes!!! Good news!

The sad thing is, if you were a scammer you would know better how to work the system to get what you want. Making bureaucracy so difficult makes it harder for people to get a “hand up” when you’v

If possible, go to your state reps office. They might brush you off, but I've found that's more likely to get you help.   Source: government bureaucrat

I had just heard about that and was going to mention it to you, in case you hadn't heard.

Honestly, I think the bureaucracy is part of why people have difficulty getting off of public assistance. Getting Medicaid in Ohio was harder than getting unemployment. And neither would tell you what they needed in advance, just deny you for not giving it. And if the need changed, you'd just get a denial saying "You should have provided this" and there's almost no way to speak with a person who has any say over it. 

18 hours ago, Cerina said:

Yay! I did not know they would do something like that.

I didn’t until my federal senator’s office referred me. They have student lawyers take on unemployment cases, fully supervised by teaching attorneys. My student attorney says they’ve been working on accessibility cases for awhile, and it sounds like his supervisor looked over my paperwork and got pretty mad about it, so hopefully everything turns around soon. Although this office works slowly because they’re so inundated with cases right now, so maybe not SOON soon.