Michigan's State Government at its finest

Iceheart

I had just heard about that and was going to mention it to you, in case you hadn't heard.

Honestly, I think the bureaucracy is part of why people have difficulty getting off of public assistance. Getting Medicaid in Ohio was harder than getting unemployment. And neither would tell you what they needed in advance, just deny you for not giving it. And if the need changed, you'd just get a denial saying "You should have provided this" and there's almost no way to speak with a person who has any say over it. 

18 hours ago, Cerina said:

Yay! I did not know they would do something like that.

I didn’t until my federal senator’s office referred me. They have student lawyers take on unemployment cases, fully supervised by teaching attorneys. My student attorney says they’ve been working on accessibility cases for awhile, and it sounds like his supervisor looked over my paperwork and got pretty mad about it, so hopefully everything turns around soon. Although this office works slowly because they’re so inundated with cases right now, so maybe not SOON soon.

• 3 months later...

After 10 months, I had my last hearing this morning... and I think it went really well! It sure was short. The employer didn't show, and my lawyers say my testimony was really good, so hopefully I'll be getting some 11K deposited into my bank account in the next couple of weeks.

But I'll still believe it when I see it.

2 hours ago, Iceheart said:

I have so many credit card miles I don't have to. I'm just waiting for Covid to end, and then my ugly dress wearing ass will be on your doorstep.

Why don't y'all both come here and we'll spend a week at the lodge? If we wait until it warms up, then we can also plan in the pool. 

33 minutes ago, Cerina said:

Why don't y'all both come here and we'll spend a week at the lodge? If we wait until it warms up, then we can also plan in the pool. 

What are you going to plan?

11 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Because Texas 

Ah. Sedition it is.

• 1 month later...

So after all of this, the HR lady at work asks me why I'm filing an extended unemployment claim. I did not file an extended unemployment claim.

Now some fucker is trying to use my account for fraud. Good luck with that, buddy! It took me 10 months to squeeze money out of them the last time.

12 minutes ago, Iceheart said:

So after all of this, the HR lady at work asks me why I'm filing an extended unemployment claim. I did not file an extended unemployment claim.

Now some fucker is trying to use my account for fraud. Good luck with that, buddy! It took me 10 months to squeeze money out of them the last time.

So the fraudster will obviously get it with no problem.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.