Foundation

Dark Wader

There's a very ... stripped down (?) aesthetic to a lot of the sci-fi make'em'ups these days that I don't really respond well to. Lots of muted colours, lots of Kubrickian symmetry, the whole thing feels v. ... restrained (?). I don't really have the eye or the technical vocabulary to truly get at what I'm describing but it's definitely there. Something is up. It's what's going on here. This sort of looks like the promotional material for the new Dune which sort of looks like the trailers for Alex Garland's stuff which sort of looks like the trailers for half'a'dozen TV shows which sort of seem to me to be like what I imagine some video games are.

(P.S. As a kid, I loved these Don Punchantz covers. 1, 2, 3,)

Foundation is my favorite sci fi TRILOGY...I am not fan of the books after Second Foundation. Any word if it is just the first book? My concern is that the books are narrative heavy...there isn't really any action per se.

Will they connect this to I, Robot and bring in Will Smith?

I'm amped for it. I always love me a good space show.

And I personally love the look. As much as I love Star Wars, it has forever influenced the look of scifi films. I am always excited to see clean throw early 70s scifi white and plastic and clean-lined NASA chich stuff.

When cable was the only option, we wanted ala carte. This isn't exactly what we meant by it, but we sure as hell have it now.

I've read the original Foundation trilogy and the only two characters I can really remember are the Mule and Seldon. It's not as if it was written to have memorable characters. It'll be interesting to see how this is pulled off. I can't imagine they'll jump a few thousand years every few episodes.

Apple TV. Eff me. I've already got Netflix and Hulu, plus I need to piggyback off of someone's Disney Plus account soon to watch all the Star Wars stuff; I don't need another one. Seriously hate these streaming wars.

Looks very interesting, though.

Right? I also have YoutubeTV because I live with my grandma, and she still watches live TV. I have endless options. And yet! Not all the options I want.

When cable was the only option, we wanted ala carte. This isn't exactly what we meant by it, but we sure as hell have it now.

Right?

True confession time, I've never read these. I suppose I should.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.