Icy Watches Horror To Manage Her Anxiety

The Void. Surprisingly good, although drew more than a few comparisons to Hellraiser II toward the end there. I swear every fifth basement in Horror Movie Land is an entrance to Hell.

Romero’s Season of the Witch or possibly Hungry Wives. Very good movie just in general, but I’m not sure why it’s considered a horror movie. Psychological drama more like. And the sheer 70’s-ness of it! How did those people have any liver function left?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, I finally watched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Which was appropriate, because retrograde Saturn moved into Capricorn today.   I can see why you wanted your homage to be an art house hor

The Changeling is another good one.  Not too scary by today's standards but a good double feature with Ghost Story.

Season of the Witch is one of my favs. You want good late 70s/early 80s style, try Ghost Story and Don't Look Back.

Posted Images

My wife decided to watch some horror movies recently.  I finally got her to watch Alien.  She was glad that it wasn't another supernatural horror flick and she thought Ripley was awesome (of course).  She didn't react as viscerally to the chestburster as I thought she would, but I'm glad she liked it well enough.  Now to get her to watch Aliens in spite of or because of the very different genre.

We also watched the new Invisible Man with Elizabeth Moss.  She initially stopped it early because she thought it was just going to be about Cecelia getting over Adrian.  I told her it was going to be a sci-fi horror movie, of a sort, if she would keep watching, so she decided to put it back on.  We both ended up liking it well enough.

I still haven't seen Alien from start to finish, but EVERYONE has seen the chestburster scene through gifs and clips. The time for reacting viscerally to that is at least 20 years past.

Hulu’s Books of Blood, and if you’re wondering why Clive Barker’s name isn’t on this, well, it’s no Clive Barker.

The first one is an Ellen Page movie without Ellen Page. The twist is eh.

The second one is a hyper abridged retelling of the original movie, but it’s very eh.

The third is about a couple of like rare book gangsters who go looking for a Book of Blood. Probably supposed to be a callback to the hit man at the beginning and end of the original. It’s... eh.

Not sure why I finished this, tbh. The twist is, again, eh.

17 hours ago, Tank said:

Season of the Witch is one of my favs. You want good late 70s/early 80s style, try Ghost Story and Don't Look Back.

The Changeling is another good one.  Not too scary by today's standards but a good double feature with Ghost Story.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 9:26 PM, Iceheart said:

Colour From The Dark, which is one of those movies that would have ended in 10 minutes if those people saw smoke and smelled a foul odor coming from their well, and decided the well was unsafe, boarded it up, and dug a new one.

Color Out of Space, which was an adaption of the same story, and featured Nicholas Cage giving a lecture/demonstration on how to milk an alpaca around 20 minutes in. Arguably a better movie and definitely did a better job of explaining why these people would drink that water, but I have to hand it to Italy for doing the story purely through the actor’s performances. The visuals here were aces, tho, I would have liked to see a bit more of this in the movie adaption of Annihilation.