Icy Watches Horror To Manage Her Anxiety

3 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

The first was good for the time and for what it was, and for the use of the internet in marketing in a way that I don't think has been done as successfully before or since. Taken solely as a film, you're right, it's not good - except for the fact that it's super low budget and intentionally made in a style that isn't high quality. But as a cultural landmark, it hits bigger than most movies with 100x the budget.

This, 100&. To watch it now, without the hype, it's just okay. If you've seen a bunch of found footage horror, it probably won't float your boat. But at the time it made a huge impact. I remember being all over the internet getting into it about the same time I first came to nightly.

Which makes me 356232345 years old.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was in the running to write Ghost Dimension. i was the director's first pic, but the studio wanted the guys who ended up doing it. It was a nightmare production so I lucked out. The director of PA4

Just read the wiki entry for A Serbian Film, and that's a big hard nope. I can't even figure out which part Shockey noped out at, because it's all so nope-worthy. I also wiki'ed Henry... that one's a

I'm the opposite, the caught on camera stuff I never buy because I know how easy it is to fake. I'm way more bothered by things like Brando's post-- somebody I know, who isn't prone to being ridiculou

Posted Images

Jennifer’s Body. Which is listed as comedy/satire, but had way more horror elements than Saint Maud did. Also, solid movie. Would pair well with The Babysitter.

• 3 weeks later...

Fear Street 1994. Fun little slasher movie! I knew full well it was R-rated but I was still surprised they went for the bread slicer kill.

It was a paranormal slasher.

I’m reserving my opinion on the witch storyline until after 1666.

1978 was a cute little slasher movie, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Fear Street 1666 - it was not an evil witch, it was an evil warlock that framed a lesbian. This is why I held out until the last movie.

Uzumaki - I’ve never read any Junji Ito just because I’ve not read much manga. But I’ve seen frames of his work, of course, and I thought it was pretty clever how they made a live action movie look like his distinct style. That being said, the movie drags a little.

And not a movie, but my grandma said she watched a woman in a white nightgown walk around the house the other night. No one who lives here owns a white nightgown.