Icy Watches Horror To Manage Her Anxiety

Iceheart

It’s a lady, and I have 90 minutes with her :lol::lol::lol:

I put The Conjuring on in the background yesterday, and just as the exorcism scene was starting a lady in the witch group I run posted about needing help dealing with a demonic entity and vampire double shot, and all through the exorcism scene I was typing out instructions on how to punch a demon in the metaphorical balls. This is my life :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if you saw it already but Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark! It's on Netflix now, one part freaked me out as it was almost exactly like a nightmare I had as a little kid (the red room part in the hospital). Edit: And I don't know why I added it twice...

It was fun as a fan of the book when I was a kid... but Del Toro is never really scary to me because he loves his monster so much he never is subtle with them. His movies are always beautiful, but they never really shake me.

• 3 months later...

Just watched Happy Death Day this weekend! More of a comedy than a horror but I recommend it! It was a lot more entertaining than I thought it would be. It's basically Groundhog Day meets Scream as the premise.

14 hours ago, Tank said:

Be sure to check out the sequel and Freaky.

I have seen Freaky, also much better than I thought it would be! Trailer for HDD2 looks really good, too, probably going to watch it this weekend.

• 2 months later...

Turns out, now that I'm planning a horror movie festival, this thread is SUPER useful!

The Curse of Aurore. It plodded, and I have no idea why torn ACL girl tolerates bald rage guy and shaggy klepto guy. But they were REAL subtle about the haunting scenes and watching a bunch of clueless people be obviously haunted and have no idea is pretty intriguing. 

• 1 year later...

Cobweb fell apart after a strong open. Feel like there was a lot of studio interference. I could tell some scenes were order of order, and they really needed more money to sell the monster. Great Halloweeny vibes though.

6 hours ago, Tank said:

Cobweb fell apart after a strong open. Feel like there was a lot of studio interference. I could tell some scenes were order of order, and they really needed more money to sell the monster. Great Halloweeny vibes though.

And what's the deal with these mutant kids being super strong when they grow up? The Barbarian movie had the same thing. I think in real life they would have all kinds of health issues LOL.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No One Will Save You! Interesting take on the home invasion type movie as this this time the intruders aren't human. There is also almost no dialogue in the entire movie, either, I think there are two lines total. Wait, no, there are other lines but you won't understand them LOL. I liked it, 8/10 for me!

More horror movies for October!

V/H/S 85: Weak entry IMO, the only good one was the lake/family part of it. The rescue worker one was pretty dull, the video tape killer one was okay and the lab monster segment was....well, the end of it was funny.

Totally Killer: I wanted to like this one but it was only okay. I know they had to incorporate time travel into it but couldn't it have been the MC being chased into some lab or something instead of her high school friend's science experiment that just so happened to be a time machine LOL.

But great casting for the characters! The younger actors really did look like younger versions of the older ones. I felt like it petered out in the end, when they got the killer it was just like "Oh, it was them, well, they're dead now." 7/10, worth a watch but not as good as it could have been. I would recommend Happy Death Day as a better horror comedy that involved time travel.

I watched The Thing! So I thought I had already seen this but I guess that was the prequel one. So that worked out because this one starts where that one left off. This movie has some of the best and disturbing practical effects I've ever seen! Ending to this one is way better than the prequel since it's so ambiguous. "Let's just...wait here and see what happens."

Totally Killer was almost a win for me, but it was just a little too clunky in some spots. Still had a great time. the script itself was amazing. Studio notes and a rookie director definitely damaged it. But, again, still worth the run time and had some great bits.

I'm a John Carpenter Stan, but The Thing is one of the best horror movies ever made, period. Some of Carpenter's movies are clunkers (Prince of Darkness, Vampires), some are b-movie masterpieces (Big Trouble in Little China, Escape from NY, They Live), but he has also made a handful of iconic game-changing horror masterpieces (Halloween, The Thing, Christine) and random hits like Starman. He literally made a movie every couple years for like 26 years and then just retired to play video games. Meanwhile, his music spawns an entire genre and he comes back at 70 to be a rock star.

Anyway...

I've recently watched Talk To Me (yay!), Trick or Treat 1986 (yay), His VS Aliens (boo), Rob Zombie' Halloween (eh), and a rewatched of the newest Halloween trilogy (mixed bag).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.