Icy Watches Horror To Manage Her Anxiety

Iceheart

On 1/23/2021 at 12:46 AM, Tank said:

I’ll come.

Have you seen Autopsy of Jane Doe?

Yes, loved it, one of my favorites.

Winter Halloween is a “ehhhh, maybe?” at this point. We’re supposed to get about a foot of snow this weekend on top of the 6” or so on the ground. My bonfire pit may be essentially inaccessible :(

And if it happens, now I’m thinking about watching Hell Fest on Netflix to shower Seth in nickels.

Okay - Eli. Whew. I don’t think they could fit and more twists and turns in there. That did not end where I expected it to end.

Awww. It seems pretty popular, maybe there will be a sequel you can rewrite.

Death of Me. Okay, it started as a really original story, but then it turned into a bad Wickerman hack, complete with shout-out. But it was still unique enough that I enjoyed it.

• 3 weeks later...

Creep and Creep 2. Creep was so different that I wiki-ed it to see if it was worth finishing, and then wiki-ed Creep 2 to see if it was worth watching.

Creep is WEIRD. Just weird. I liked it a lot better in hindsight.

Creep 2 is really good, though. The acting is phenomenal. And it's surprisingly romantic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Descent. Okay, I am not claustrophobic. I have zero desire to go spelunking, I just wouldn’t freak out about it if I do end up in a cave.

Anyway, this would have been a very formulaic monster movie if it weren’t for two of the party getting offed by their own peers. And they did that storyline well.

Also, this is why you always always always ask the locals for their opinion before doing something risky! 

JeruZalem, which I held off on for a long time because it looked like a zombie movie. It's... kind of a zombie movie? But, like, demon zombies? Also, it's basically Cloverfield, but with demon zombies. 

I'm not saying it's a good movie, but I am saying that *Stefon voice* it has EVERYTHING. Oh, and it's all first person perspective because the gimmick is that the MC wears Google Glass glasses. 

• 3 weeks later...

Followed. Dear God, a character even more annoying than they guy in Paranormal Activity. Also, considering AHS focused what was arguably their best season on the Hotel Cecil, and they put this movie out at about the same time as the Hotel Cecil documentary on Netflix, you had really better bring it if you want to do another Cecil movie. They maybe half brought it. Some of the visuals were cool, but otherwise EH.

The Vatican Tapes. I bailed halfway through out of boredom. Probably won't go back.

On 3/24/2021 at 5:43 PM, Iceheart said:

The Descent. Okay, I am not claustrophobic. I have zero desire to go spelunking, I just wouldn’t freak out about it if I do end up in a cave.

Anyway, this would have been a very formulaic monster movie if it weren’t for two of the party getting offed by their own peers. And they did that storyline well.

Also, this is why you always always always ask the locals for their opinion before doing something risky! 

I liked this movie way more than I thought I would. It's bleak as hell.

That being said, the filmmakers got a couple of things wrong. First, the dead elk. The movie is set in NC. We do have elk in one part of the mountains (reintroduced about 20 years ago). But the part of NC that has elk does not have caves. Second, they got the NC license plates wrong. (End nerd rant.) But still a good horror movie. The sequel is a mess, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Death Day. It seemed schticky so I didn't expect much from it, but it was actually pretty good.

Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension. Not bad, per se, but these movies were better when you couldn't see the ghost/demon whatever that's haunting the area.

I was in the running to write Ghost Dimension. i was the director's first pic, but the studio wanted the guys who ended up doing it. It was a nightmare production so I lucked out. The director of PA4 directed my movie Hell Fest. And the director of Happy Death Day is a friend. I liked both these movies, and I'm just here to be a Hollywood douche.

I lied it despite the pacing-- Ti West is all about the SLOW ass burn. I liked this one, but his others all saw me bailing 20 minutes in.

Have you seen Eyes of my Mother? Did we already touch on that one?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.