Icy Watches Horror To Manage Her Anxiety

Iceheart

I mean, I've certainly done things purely for the #aesthetic before, I can't blame him. Also, there's something about Sheri Moon I like. I can't even tell you what it is.

Also, this is not the time to watch Silent Hill if you live on the west coast. I just checked my instagram feed.

Okay, speaking of witches and my instagram feed, can I just say how much more interest in my feed my pagan friends have now that I have black cats? Meanwhile, I named their sister after the Patron Saint of Cats and the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans respectively, and the first thing she did when she got to my room was sit on my tarot cards for about an hour. But she's white with tabby patches, they don't care so much about her. But her brothers! As black as they can get - black whiskers, black toe beans, not a single white hair on either of them. Oh boy, the pagans come out for them, despite the boys not having any real magical tendencies that I've observed (although Bob does like to lay in my herb box. No, there's no catnip, I have that out separate to lure them out to toys). It's like I'm legit now that I have black cats :lol:

The Babysitter and The Babysitter: Killer Queen. Far better than I expected. More comedy than horror, though there was a lot of comedic gore. The actors made it, especially the kid who plays Cole. Max is low key my favorite character.

Pyewacket. I wholeheartedly endorse this movie as a cautionary tale all the teenagers who post in r/occult need to watch. 

18 hours ago, Iceheart said:

The Amityville Horror. Basically The Exorcist + Poltergeist + The Shining. The scariest thing in this movie is that crackle window in the master bedroom.

It was always the red eyes that scared me as a kid... that and Lois Lane’s bush.

I’m planning on watching it!

Children of the Corn. Okay, where are these 1980’s kids with zero adults around getting all these Victorian smocks?

I know there was a remake at one point, and I really hope Elijah Wood played Issac.

It was okay. But what was the god they were worshiping, and why won’t it allow any adults? I guess there’s a prequel coming out next year and there’s something about how the young people were exacting revenge on the adults who ruined the corn and therefore their future and... way to shoehorn modern sentiments in.

Turns out science is backing me up here - https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/5dzvez/horror-movie-fans-are-more-equipped-to-deal-with-the-pandemic-study-says

Temple - reminds me of the time in Greece when me and another girl wanted to swim across a channel. It looked like it would only take a couple of hours and there were no boats out so why not? But we asked our translator first and he told us no one does that because of poisonous fish in the deep water. We all thought he was full of shit but found something else to do because if the locals don’t do it it’s for a good reason.

Witchboard - I came for seeing actual people actually wearing the stuff I find at thrift stores, and stayed because it wasn’t a bad movie. A little slow and a lot scene chewing, but it was interesting. I adored the medium character.

Not really.  I had already checked about a number of things that happened in the movie.  The main reason I watched it is because the FireTV stick kept showing it as recently watched and wanting me to continue it.  I felt up to it today to get it off of there.

I liked the creepy atmosphere, acting, and cinematography.  It seems I have very much outgrown the feel I had in college for gory scenes. 

There are definitely other types of horror movies I enjoy more and would find cathartic. 

The scenery and acting were definitely the brightest spots of the movie.   I really enjoyed seeing a horror movie with nearly everything taking place in bright light.  That was a very nice change of pace.  However, the story itself really makes very little sense once they get where they're going in Sweden, especially given the motivations of the Harga.  I like what they were trying to do with a lot of the movie and the thematic aspects relating to grief and toxic relationships work pretty well.  Overally, I'm glad I went ahead and watched it, though I definitely felt uncomfortable after the few gory moments, but it definitely is not anywhere near my top horror movies.

I thought it was just meh. Everybody in the horror world just lost their minds over it. Wickerman did it all better decades ago. Folk Horror has a very high benchmark with me, Midsommar didn't come close. 

I also thought Hereditary was just okay.

I’ve noticed that through memes and stuff - I guess there’s a whole lot of suckers out there.

The Houses October Built. What a weird movie. Some cool visuals (the doll costume is great) but I was confused as to what was going on - were these losers really worth all the the trouble for filming where they weren’t supposed to be?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.