Star Wars: Squadrons

Dark Wader

A new Star Wars game has leaked and now confirmed by EA, Star Wars: Squadrons. They are revealing the game early next week, so probably for the new Playstation and Xbox later this year.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/12/21289246/star-wars-squadrons-project-maverick-leak

I'm really hoping this is something like the Rogue Squadron games on 64/Gamecube. They've always been the most underrated Star Wars games in my eyes.

It'll probably be using the starfighter gameplay from Battlefront 2, but either tweaked a bit, or just straight up left as is. It's EA, so low hope, low expectations. I want to be excited about it, but I just can't given their history.

Gotta admit, it looks good. Lots of points of interest in the trailers quite apart from story and gameplay details. I spotted Hera and Wedge in the trailer, a Mimbanese is featured as a member of the Rebel squadron, we have yet another canon female Imperial officer (i recognised the actress, just not from what, I'll have to look her up), they've blatantly reused heads from Battlefront in one of the briefing scenes, the cockpits look very cool and it's cool to see that they've gone down the route the original X-Wing and TIE Fighter games where the readouts in the cockpit itself actually display HUD information instead of it just being an on-screen HUD on top of what cockpit skin is currently being used,and it also appears as though Emma Watson is one of the pilots skins so I guess Hermione Granger is a Rebel pilot confirmed.

It's EA, so low hope, low expectations. I want to be excited about it, but I just can't given their history.

Yeah this is why I will stay cautiously optimistic. It looks really good and I read an interview today with the development team that was positive. The team is made up of people who worked on the old PC X Wing and TIE Fighter as well as some who worked on Rouge Squadron and Rouge Leader, so it sounds like this will be a nice blend.

But I've been burnt too many times by EA to get too excited about it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.