What Should I Watch Next?

Iceheart

For those of us still surviving on media...

Im looking for a comedy. Sitcom without a laugh track kind of stuff, sketch shows are good, too. For instance, my current binge Im close to wrapping up is Community. The Good Place is my favorite of the genre. Something in that vein - short episodes, lots of belly laughs from smart jokes. Especially if theres anything in that genre that generally flies under the radar but is a great find. Animation is fine.

Alternately, I find that certain horror stories are really good for my anxiety, namely stories about going up against demonic entities. My favorites in the genre so far have been The Conjuring movies, and Marianne on Netflix.

Okay, please give me your recommendations, and also ask for your own!

Im looking for a comedy. Sitcom without a laugh track kind of stuff, sketch shows are good, too. For instance, my current binge Im close to wrapping up is Community. The Good Place is my favorite of the genre. Something in that vein - short episodes, lots of belly laughs from smart jokes. Especially if theres anything in that genre that generally flies under the radar but is a great find. Animation is fine.

I started watching ‘New Girl’ recently just to watch something that wouldn’t depress the f**k out of me. First few episodes are a bit of a chore, starts as a bit of a Zoey Drechsel vehicle but doesn’t take long to come into it’s own as a really concrete ensemble. I think it pretty much fits the bill for what you’re after. Clever, short, easy to watch.

As far as recommendations, eh, might not be your thing but I got on a kick of late 1960s/70s/80s sci fi. Movies like Demon Seed, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Thing, Silent Running, Omega Man, Soylent Green, Clockwork Orange Rollerball, Westworld, THX1138, Zardoz, Phase iV, the Planet of the Apes movies. And Star Trek TMP. There were others, I just don't remember right now.

Skip Colossus The Forbin Project.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.