Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Should I Watch Next?

10 replies to this topic

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,811 posts
For those of us still surviving on media...

Im looking for a comedy. Sitcom without a laugh track kind of stuff, sketch shows are good, too. For instance, my current binge Im close to wrapping up is Community. The Good Place is my favorite of the genre. Something in that vein - short episodes, lots of belly laughs from smart jokes. Especially if theres anything in that genre that generally flies under the radar but is a great find. Animation is fine.

Alternately, I find that certain horror stories are really good for my anxiety, namely stories about going up against demonic entities. My favorites in the genre so far have been The Conjuring movies, and Marianne on Netflix.

Okay, please give me your recommendations, and also ask for your own!

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 35,351 posts
Hot Date (s1 Netflixc s2 Amazon)
What We Do In The Shadows
Any of HBOs original series. STRONG roster.

Movie wise, you'd love
Vast of night
We summon the darkness
  • Iceheart +1 this

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,548 posts

Im looking for a comedy. Sitcom without a laugh track kind of stuff, sketch shows are good, too. For instance, my current binge Im close to wrapping up is Community. The Good Place is my favorite of the genre. Something in that vein - short episodes, lots of belly laughs from smart jokes. Especially if theres anything in that genre that generally flies under the radar but is a great find. Animation is fine.

I started watching ‘New Girl’ recently just to watch something that wouldn’t depress the f**k out of me. First few episodes are a bit of a chore, starts as a bit of a Zoey Drechsel vehicle but doesn’t take long to come into it’s own as a really concrete ensemble. I think it pretty much fits the bill for what you’re after. Clever, short, easy to watch. 

• Iceheart +1 this

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,558 posts
The first season of GLOW is worth a watch but second season is crap

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,811 posts

Agreed. I don't think I even finished the second season.

• Odine +1 this

Rogue 3

Rogue 3

Who is Number 1?

• 2,692 posts
Did you watch Russian Doll? That was good fun. Also enjoyed Living With Yourself.
Also looking forward to the second series of What We Do In The Shadows as per Tanks note above - film & 1st series were great fun!

Zathras

Zathras

Not The One

• Members
  • 375 posts

I don't know about anyone else, but when I first glanced at this, I thought this was a reference to Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling.  

Zathras

Zathras

Not The One

• Members
  • 375 posts

As far as recommendations, eh, might not be your thing but I got on a kick of late 1960s/70s/80s sci fi.  Movies like Demon Seed, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Thing, Silent Running, Omega Man, Soylent Green, Clockwork Orange Rollerball, Westworld, THX1138, Zardoz, Phase iV, the Planet of the Apes movies.  And Star Trek TMP.   There were others, I just don't remember right now.

Skip Colossus The Forbin Project.   

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 35,197 posts

I don't know about anyone else, but when I first glanced at this, I thought this was a reference to Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling.  
It is! A Netflix fictionalized take on it, at least.
  • Zathras and Odine +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 35,351 posts

I loved all 3 seasons, but 2 was the weakest.

Zathras

Zathras

Not The One

• Members
  • 375 posts

I'll have to check it out!

Reply to this topic