Is anyone else exhausted?

Iceheart

I mean, Im always exhausted and fatigued, thanks broken body. But its been getting out of hand in the past few days. I cant wake up for anything.

I know lethargy breeds more lethargy, but even making myself get up and do something active doesnt help, makes it worse, actually.

Is this a common quarantine symptom? Or is the apocalypse finally breaking me and just me?

I work in a call center to make extra money and yesterday I couldn't remember my name. I am tired beyond belief. And it's weird. I can't keep being upbeat. I was putting on a face for my kids to keep them positive and I think it wore me out. I am looking forward to just staying home this summer.

I think it's actually a common quarantine symptom, and it's simply constant anxiety. I am usually a very active person and I haven't exercised in a month.

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/cant-sleep-during-quarantine-insomnia

This exactly. My problem has always been eating right. The time to shop and cook properly was always difficult to fit into my lifestyle. Now I have nothing but time to plan my shopping and spend time cooking and I still don't.

Most of us will internalize stress and anxiety in some way, especially when we're forcing ourselves to be on our game in some way. The body's response to that is that it will need more time to recover.

I work in a call center to make extra money and yesterday I couldn't remember my name. I am tired beyond belief. And it's weird. I can't keep being upbeat. I was putting on a face for my kids to keep them positive and I think it wore me out. I am looking forward to just staying home this summer.

That's what's making me a bit mad about this - I hit that point working that terrible job I quit when this first started. I was hoping quarantine would be a time to rest and recover... and basically all I've done since the end of March is self care... but the stress of not having any income for months on end while the world burns is apparently getting in the way of my recovery, damn it.

I have been exercising and eating healthy meals through this, but only because I literally have to or I'll make things a million times worse for myself.

I spent ~50 days or so w/o drinking any Diet Coke® and felt lethargic & akratic & unhappy the whole time. And then I just recently in the past few days resumed drinking Diet Coke® and yet nonetheless I still feel the same way! No change! No improvement! Not even a return to baseline! I'm drinking the Diet Coke® as I type this and nothing, nada, zip, zero, zilch! The Diet Coke® --- it does nothing!

I'm tired, but that's mostly due to my 8 month old. That and I'm drinking a bottle of wine with my wife every other night, not doing nearly as much exercise as I was doing, and going to work. But mostly it's the 8 month old running me ragged.

My wife and I stayed up too late watching Mr. Robot. That combined with America being insane plus with the Alaskan summer light going all night that we are adjusting to again, we know we made a really bad decision and are paying for it today. Our scenario is likely heaven to others however. Something something bible something fortunate something something small potatoes and privilege.

I'm still having to work from home, and now that it's the summer, work is sloooooww, especially since most of my job is done in person. I've been on this schedule since 3/17, and days seem to just blur together. Mentally, that gets somewhat exhausting.

The stress is killing me. That's weird about the diet coke thing. At the very least you should have seen an improvement slightly because aspartme affects you that is in diet coke.

Yeah! Help! I don't really understand why this is! Perhaps the same scary alien machine intelligences which have spent the last several months sending their sky ghost snake robots out at night to slither into people's homes and shove the covid-19 down people's nostrils with deep nasal mid-turbinate swabs WHILE THEY SLEEP are also maybe ordering them to steal the aspartame & caffeine from out of my Diet Coke® while they're at it. Perhaps!!?!!1!

My way to combat literally everything since March has been a lot of running. I checked my app the other day and I've ran close to 150 miles since mid-March when everything started. It's a good way to kind of clear your head and get out a lot anxiety. Most of the time I'll listen to podcasts, sometimes I'll go without anything just to think and knock off the anxiety.

It's still tough though, I'm finding myself mentally exhausted on most days. Self-care is extremely difficult when you're torn between staying at home and taking to the streets.

You are like me and my caffeine addiction.

I can drink two pots at day and my hands shake.

Oh, yeah. I had to give up coffee back last November, it was making me severely, constantly nauseous. I switched to green tea... which started doing the same thing, so around the time this all started I had to go cold turkey on all readily available caffeinated drinks. Since I had already stopped drinking anything with sugar in it years ago, this leaves me with water, sparkling water, and herbal tea as beverage options. Fun.

That could be part of my exhaustion issue.

Soooooo I am about to be super tired and possibly with the virus.

My Mom was delivered to the house to die today because of the virus in Tucson. Apparently Arizona is poorly run and they are at 79% capacity for ICU beds. Since my Mom is not improving she is going home to hospice. They are giving my brother a nurse to assist 1.5 hours a weak. She gets a hospital bed, an oxygen tank, and a portable poop chair. From here on out it's up to my brother to feed her, clean her, help her when she has to go until she passes. He says she smells because they haven't bathed her. But I think it's because they stopped helping her and are short staffed in the nursing home she was in.

I will be going out there soon because when they delivered Mom to the house Tim hadn't even found sheets to put on the hospital bed for her in her room. He doesn't have a mask and no gloves and I think it's entirely possible that she may have huge festering bed sores.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.