George Floyd and the protests.

Ms. Spam

That's true.

Houston's police chief treats them as separate groups. He's marched with the protesters and continues to come down hard on the rioters. We're one of largest cities in the country with no curfew and very little destruction (comparatively). And we're George Floyd's hometown, so we're dealing with entire communities who knew him personally (he was quite well-known in the Third Ward apparently), and he'll be buried here later this week.

I guess protestors have breached the White House fence. I can't even imagine what it's like for people living in San Diego like Krawlie or LA like Tank who have kids. It's got to be scary for them. I am glad that school was out this week in a way because I wouldn't want to deal with kids going to school downtown today (I work super close to some areas that were vandalized).

Nah we're fine. The protest in downtown SD were mostly peaceful (excluding the times the cops tried really really hard to escalate it into more). The La Mesa one got bad when the rioters showed up (again, after the police escalated what had been a perfectly peaceful protest), and even though it was close and occurred in a shopping center we go to fairly regularly, there was nothing to be directly afraid of.

If you've noticed, even the worst of the rioters aren't attacking anything residential.

George Floyd was just the straw that broke the camel's back. It could have been Eric Garner, it could have been Breonna Taylor. With everyone already on edge, the iron is hot.

This was pretty much inevitable. I think a lot of people are finally coming to terms with the fact that much of the Western world isn't as free as we'd like to think it is, instead it's handled very closely by a vast ruling class. That ruling class benefits from systematic oppression and weaponized racism. Maybe the racism is just the most visible part. I'm not sure. I want to listen, learn more, and do my part. Because I'm frankly tired of seeing neighbors swept under the rug too.

I'm going to a demonstration in Huntsville tonight, I want to see for myself and hear from those that deserve to have a voice. I very, very seriously doubt it will be anything other than peaceful. We're a sleepy town full of nerds and introverts who think 11PM is a late night.

In some ways I think it was a perfect storm of being locked up in our own houses for two months, the fact that many people who are actually affected by work and the virus were also of color since they work the most service industry type jobs that were not considered essential, and the fact that people keep dying when we should be protected by law enforcement, worked to allow certain people to act out or be encouraged to act out by not good people with not good intentions who instigated it more. I have unfriended people on Facebook for the first time based on what they post about the riots. You talk about people rioting not being a deserving human being of being heard you're unfriended because you're not even trying and your focusing on the one message no one wanted to be focused on. We should be uncomfortable though because it's still happening, systemic injustice.

Grand Rapids, Michigan rioted for the first time since 1968. The first vandalized business was a black-owned boutique that caters to the hip-hop community. The majority of the businesses vandalized were small and owned by locals. At least one of those owners were part of the silent protest the night started with. And my brother said he saw white nationalist slogans graffitied in the area as part of the riots.

As someone with community organizing and direct action experience, I personally dont think looting is effective. Its bad optics, and puts your participants in danger. I understand why people do it, and I understand why stores like Target would be looted to make a statement, too. But when you start with a black owned business with a black community focus during a Black Lives Matter action? Thats just fishy as hell.

"Looking at scenes of rioting and looting playing out across America following the murder of black man George Floyd at the hands of rogue police officer Derek Chauvin, it's easy to think that while anger and protest are justified, rioting and looting are stupid and misguided. Easy and correct, of course. Opportunistic criminals, who are by differing accounts white supremacists, anarchist agitators or even the cops themselves using the social unrest as a pretext for stoking people into rampaging mobs warrant our condemnation just as much as rogue and murdering police officers do.

Yet the sight of mobs breaking into stores, tipping over shelves of merchandise and making off with whatever they can get their hands prompts a deeper, more troubling question. That being: who are you to condemn this, America? This is what you're all about."

Cops are starting to get shot now. Not a good direction.

Cop gets ripped for pulling a gun on a protestor in NY and DeBlasio demands he be fired. The full video of the incident comes out and it turns out cop pulled his gun because his superior was hit with a brick by a protestor.

I can't imagine being a cop right now. Most people chose to be a policeman because they want to help people. I would be the one guy in the line freaking out inwardly that no one does anything that results in damage or a hurt or dead person. There are a few who aren't in policing for that though. And that's sad.

That being said a friend of mine posted, "where are they getting those bricks? Because I want to build a pizza oven."

Turns out people opened their homes to protestors in a neighborhood where Trump decided to disperse protetstors so he could do a photoop with a Bible. I just keep on thinking of positive things and not the bad stuff.

If he dies, its going to be fake news. Hes going to live forever.

Although theyre also starting to add Bill Gates because he wants to chip everyone.

My jaw dropped when I saw footage of police clearing an area so that Trump can hold up a bible and lecture the world. He was asked if that was his bible, and he replied "It's A bible." What a scumbag. He couldn't do a better (or worse?) job to tear down this country if he tried. If he loses the election, I wonder what damage he will intentionally do between November and Jan 2021.

Oh, and we have a hurricane on the way.

If President God somehow loses, its going to be through fraud.

I wonder if hell have to be physically removed from the White House.

I just hate how everyone keeps using the word "anarchist" incorrectly, most notably the president. I'm an anarchist and have been for years; I know what anarchy is, and what it is not. It also doesn't help that the violent demonstrators are painting the anarchy symbol everywhere, they themselves not understanding its meaning.

I had a woman on Facebook block me today because she didn't like how I demonstrated the true meaning to her after her ignorant ass decided to put her hands on her ears and not learn something that could shatter her perception with facts.

Protestors yesterday marched on city hall. When they got there the mayor came out and welcomed the leaders of the march to come in so they could talk. They told her that they had nothing to say to her and started chanting for her to go away. ????? What was the point of marching on city hall then? There mayor was the previous chief of police. She marched with protestors Saturday before things went to hell. At this point you're feeding the belief that most protestors don't know what they want.

I do wonder what the psycho right wingers are going to do once George Soros dies. The only time I've ever heard his name is in conspiracy theories like this. Who will they blame for everything next?

I want it to be Elon Musk but he does smoke joints so he maybe kinda untouchable. Maybe Nancy Pelosi?

Protestors yesterday marched on city hall. When they got there the mayor came out and welcomed the leaders of the march to come in so they could talk. They told her that they had nothing to say to her and started chanting for her to go away. ????? What was the point of marching on city hall then? There mayor was the previous chief of police. She marched with protestors Saturday before things went to hell. At this point you're feeding the belief that most protestors don't know what they want.

Aw. That sucks. Here a mayor was trying to reach out and listen and they just rejected her. I agree. They're not sure what they want to accomplish. I know in San Antonio they've reached out numerous times to predominately black neighborhoods with a consistency throughout the years to see where change and help can be made. I've been to a few of those meetings.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.