Snyder cut is happening

Zathras

They key to a good Superman story, and they totally exist, is that that CLARK KENT is the person at the heart of the story.

Unlike Barman, in which case Bruce Wayne is the alter ego.

But I wasnt just talking about power levels, I was talking about psyche.

See, while they are dated by today's standards, that is what worked for me about Superman The Movie and Batman 1989, and lesser extent, Batman Returns. That is where a movie writer and director need to step in and make sure that is the focus.

I see what you mean about power levels, but they do really come into play. The more god-like, the less interesting.

Actually, it's also about weaknesses, which defines heroes.

What's Spider-Man's weakness? The fact immense power and responsibility was dropped on him at a young age, forcing him to grow up before he was ready, and always making him worry and doubt himself.

What's Green Lantern's weakness? The color yellow.

I am one of those who usually argue for a faithful interpretation of a source, but this is where I would be totally good with liberties are taken (reasonably done). GL is a good example of that. Yellow is a dumb weakness. Radiation would be a better one. Contrast that with Martian Manhunter's fear of fire. If I understand your meaning, that would be a good example of a weakness of psyche.

Well is it like a nice bright yellow or like a piss yellow? Cause if its the piss yellow I can totally see it being a weakness.

Depends on the piss. Im taking B-2 vitamins, so mine is a nice neon yellow that almost glows in the dark.

Interested in seeing the film Snyder wanted to make, as opposed to the rushed crap that was "finished" by someone who had no clue about making a film with DC characters.

I am curious to see what it turns out to be. But I think it was rushed more because the suits wanted it a certain way, and the spreadsheets and focus groups said Joss Whedon was the guy to do it. And really, he should have been able to.

When it comes to film, there is little difference between DC and Marvel characters. It really depends on who's put in charge of making the film. If Kevin Feige was hired to do the Justice League instead of/in addition to the Marvel verse, I think it would be just as popular. Feige had done I think like 10+ non-MCU Marvel films, before jumping into the MCU, so he perfected what worked and what didn't. Had the same care been given to the DCEU, it could have been a lot better.

Whedon going in and trying to "Avengerize" the JL was one of the worst cases of the wrong person being attached to a film in memory. His approach to filmmaking was the polar opposite of all that the DCEU established, with its characters being born of fantasy, but wisely played it as if they really existed, rejecting the "they're all your favorites! They're like toys!" tone applied to so many MCU films.

Outside of the MCU's lone jewel--Captain America: The Winter Soldier--the "really existed" kind of development / handling is nowhere to be found in the MCU, so it should have come as no surprise that anyone who worked on MCU films would have been completely out of their element on Justice League.

This is not predicting the Snyder cut will be the greatest thing since sliced bread, or that it will take its intended narrative place alongside Man of Steel. Batman v. Superman and Wonder Woman, but I cannot imagine Snyder's own original vision coming close to the misguided cartoon that was the theatrical version.

Yeah, I am not expecting the Snyder cut to be masterpiece theater, either. I'm more of a mix of curiosity to see how different it will be, and "Welp, it can't be any worse!"

I just happen to be one of those geeks who has to see alternate cuts of films (EG Apocalypse Now, Blade Runner, Aliens, Alien 3, etc).

• 1 month later...

There's a director's cut of every movie made. It's part of the process. Every DGA director is required to turn in a cut, it's part of their job. The studio just generally gets final say and will often test screen then alter movies after the director is done.

Is Doomcock the youtube dude that wears a bizarre poor man's Destro mask?

Edit: I don't know why I ask questions when I can just google it. Yes, it is the same dude I was thinking of. The guy is like pissed about everything. I think I caught a couple episodes a year or 2 ago when he was complaining about Star Trek. I agreed with some of what he said, because I don't like Discovery (what he was bitching about), but he is definitely tiresome after like 5 minutes.

Yeah, like I said, hes gotta be an incel, so hes angry and hates women, and Im not sure that hes been such a great source that he needs to be quoted constantly. Hes a major source for the anti-Kennedy rumors. I wouldnt be surprised if Kennedy is shown the door soon, because shes overseen a pretty big failure from what was supposed to be beloved and last forever, making billions a year.

Yeah, like I said, hes gotta be an incel, so hes angry and hates women, and Im not sure that hes been such a great source that he needs to be quoted constantly. Hes a major source for the anti-Kennedy rumors. I wouldnt be surprised if Kennedy is shown the door soon, because shes overseen a pretty big failure from what was supposed to be beloved and last forever, making billions a year.

That pretty much describes most youtubers who review movies, etc. And why I am done with youtube, except for instructional/how to videos! Actually, I get most of my geek news here these days.

I watch almost no stuff that isnt professional on YouTube, but I looked up Doomcock after reading about him so much.

I do enjoy the Film Theory family of videos. Game Theory, Film Theory, and now Food Theory.

Youtube has its uses for sure. But what I have learned is most youtubers that discuss movies, particularly geek movies, are almost always wrong, and usually regurgitate what some other youtuber already said.

Hence, not worth my time.

tired: release the Director's Cut of any particular superhero movie

wired: release the Director's Cut of every superhero movie

inspired: release an Ultra Deluxe Collector's edition on Blu-ray of the leaked unfinished workprint from X-Men Origins : Wolverine (2011), the one with li'l wireframes of the anticipated CGI and just the word 'EXPLOSION' for when anything blew up, and force all these people at gunpoint to buy a dozen copies each and watch 'em all over and over until the icecaps melt and the earth ruptures and the cities of man are swallowed whole

Note to self: cancel HBO Max next year for the summer and keep my VPN and BitTorrent handy because while it's bad enough Jar Jar Abrams is likely going to have his phallic snoot up DC's bottom in the next couple of years, I'm not giving WarnerMedia any ideas that me watching and subscribing equals wanting to see Snyder near another DC property ever again. Dude should have been fired in 2016 and Justice League should have never been made.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't remember Darkseid in the theatrical cut, but other than that, it doesn't look all that different to me.

Darkseid wasn't in the theatrical version. The colorization seems to be more in line with B v S. Steppenwolf sugars to be rendered like one of the original concepts. It's going to be looking. They're debuting it in 4 one hour episodes. Also there is supposed to be a black and white version. They're really testing this as a relaunch of sorts for the DCEU.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.