Snyder cut is happening

Zathras

Fans hated Snyder after MoS and BvS, like in that special nerd rage way that only geeks can muster. Then the movie comes out as a pile of poop and instead of accepting the DCU is garbage, suddenly Snyder is the hero they need.

It's exactly like Lucas being blasted after the PT and then suddenly being the desired savior after TLJ dared to make Like less than perfect.

Yeah, I mean fans are nuts. They get a movie they don;t like and its "the company is over controlling!! not giving directors freedom!! We need to see Snyders vision!!". Then they get a different one they dont like "this director did his own thing!! the company needs a plan!!!!".

Lucas, Synder, and Whedon have all been chewed up by that machine.

All of them made overblown crap movies in these bigger franchise universes. Whedon had the extra misfortune of turning out to be a creep after years of being touted as genre's mouthpiece for strong female characters.

The only one Im really familiar with is Lucas in terms of online hatred. Snyder just isn;t a good filmmaker. "300" is terrible, "Watchmen" is terrible. DC movies are just bad anyway. Marvel is more hit or miss with me but the actual "Avengers" movies I don't like any of them anyway really, whether Whedon made it or not.

The fact is there are certain fans, I dont really think any are here any longer, who just these kind of movies mean too much to them. Its not that they like the movies too much, its beyond that. It's almost sad, and Im not saying that in a mean way, I just can't think of a better word. With Star Wars and Luke it goes beyond him not being perfect. Its more that they can't accept Rey as being as important a hero as Luke within the story. Some of that is cause she is a woman but not all of it. Its like the OT is so important to some of these people that if the ST is as important as the OT in the story or Rey ends up being equal or surpassing Luke in terms of importance they just can't accept it. For alot of these people the OT is so important that how can other movies be given equal billing inside the saga? Its a weird thing but I think thats where alot of the hatred and anger comes from.

tired: RELEASE THE SNYDER CUT

wired: RE-RELEASE THE AVENGERS ('12) BUT WITH SCENES FROM AVENGERS: ENDGAME ('19) SPLICED IN

inspired: SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE AND RE-CUT THE AVENGERS ('12) & JUSTICE LEAGUE ('17) TOGETHER INTO JLA / AVENGERS ('20)

there is no where to go but up, compared to the theatrical release!

Its gonna be so much worse

I don't know that to be the case. I think it will be interesting at the very least. Especially if it DOES suck worse than the theatrical cut. But apparently there is like a ton of cut footage they are re-inserting. I think it will all come down to how it is re-edited.

I am mainly intrigued because many people (me included) didn't think it would ever happen, and for me at least, this news came out of nowhere.

I just don't get it...I seriously think I am the only person that loved these movies and at the same time and dislikes MCU.

Not that I didn't appreciate much of the MCU, but it I'm not that invested in it that much, either. DCEU does definitely have its issues, and I wasn't much of a fan of BVS or JL, MoS was just okay, but the later films are pretty decent. At the end of the day, I'm just a casual fan of the whole superhero blockbuster film genre.

I don't get releasing this. For the simple reason that there is no way the Snyder Cut can live up to the hype. It can be better than the theatrical release. It might look like a movie that wasn't made by two different directors. While it had its moments, it's not that good a movie. It's a streaming release so why not right?

Its more that they can't accept Rey as being as important a hero as Luke within the story. Some of that is cause she is a woman but not all of it.

This is basically why the ST was doomed to fail to a very large subset of fans. If you can like, and maybe even be cool with, Rey being potential stronger than Luke in the force, half of the complaints go away.

Its more that they can't accept Rey as being as important a hero as Luke within the story. Some of that is cause she is a woman but not all of it.

This is basically why the ST was doomed to fail to a very large subset of fans. If you can like, and maybe even be cool with, Rey being potential stronger than Luke in the force, half of the complaints go away.

For me it has nothing to do with who is stronger in the Force. Thing is if you are telling a sequential story and building to some new climax to the overall story then what happens at the end of it has to be more important and more final than whats come before. There really is no way to tell a good story without doing that. Some fans would never accept it.

Although the difference between ebing stronger in the Force and being the bigger hero is really negligible.

Settle down nerds, it was germane. Point being, angry fans being pandered to rarely results in quality work because most of the time the problem isn't the work itself, but a sect of fandom deciding what they want is the only acceptable thing.

Settle down nerds, it was germane. Point being, angry fans being pandered to rarely results in quality work because most of the time the problem isn't the work itself, but a sect of fandom deciding what they want is the only acceptable thing.

I know, I mean for a messageboard that has like maybe one real conversation going on per day to try to restrict conversation is crazy.

I see what you are saying, but the point could have been made without bringing Star Wars into it, though. And I think story/writing and directing has a lot to do with it as well, and more so than fandom. I think a case can be made that JL was bad by any standard, and there is nothing wrong with releasing a Snyder cut. To me, this is the same thing as the Donner cut of Superman 2. We are at a point that technologically (JL's super-beard notwithstanding), there is little to complain about when it comes to sets, CGI, etc. Casting is usually OK. FANDOM is a minor problem, especially the minority of vocal shut-in variety. You give them way too much credit. Not to be disrespectful to you, but I think you are in a unique situation given your work, and are too close to the situation to be completely objective, where rabid fans are concerned (indeed, with good reason, based on the ration of crap you have had to deal with, which I empathize with, btw).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.