Are you less interested in Star Wars now?

Zathras

Um ok. I guess thats an attempt at humor. Keep trying maybe at some point you will make an attempt thats successful? Maybe?

In all seriousness people have said things about me. Ive never called anyone a name. Ive never made my sig about someone. Ive certainly never taken a pic of someone from here and put some stupid, lame, not funny, idiotic, moronic drawing on it. Whats really crazy though is he had to save my picture on his device to do that. That's kinda weird to me.

Now Im not saying I want him to change his sig or take down the stupid, lame, not funny, idiotic, moronic picture. I really don't care. Just pointing out the difference here. Although like I said him saving my pic is pretty creepy.

I really don't even have any idea what I could have said in this thread to upset you. I really don't. I didn't say anything mean or rude or even close. I guess anytime anyone even deigns to question you is now grounds for you to get upset?

That pic crossed a line, Zerimar. I'm willing to let a lot of stuff go, but that mix of personal attack, homophobia, and utter childishness isn't acceptable behavior here.

That pic crossed a line, Zerimar. I'm willing to let a lot of stuff go, but that mix of personal attack, homophobia, and utter childishness isn't acceptable behavior here.

I want to be clear. Im not mad about the pic. I don't even want it down. Please, leave it there. I was just pointing out how some people accuse me of acting, when I never do, is exactly how Zerimar is acting here. Which is fine. Im totally cool with it.

Here is the fact of the matter, its very similar to that other thread. What you claim doesn't mesh with the content of what you say. You claim here that you wanted the Disney films to be well loved but I don't think your posting overall on this board indicates that. In fact Id say your posting shows the opposite of that. That other thread (and I won't get into specifics cause I dont want to go back to that) you laid out a scenerio and then alot of what you said about that scenerio didn't seem to mesh. Then people question on it, and not only me, and you just shut it down with "well you dont know what Im thinking or you don't know what really happened."

And thats well and good, you are right. I don't know what you are thinking. However I do know what you post here and I don't believe, from your years of posts here, that you really wanted people to like these movies. I don't believe it for one minute.

You don't have to believe it. I legit gave Episode VII a chance and thought it was complete garbage and didn't care to follow the sequels from there. Some have said that it was because I never was willing to give it a chance, but consider this: I went in with the same attitude toward Solo--another film that doesn't mesh well with the EU despite its many references to it--and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I even bought the Blu-Ray. Granted, it's in the Infinities (apocryphal) section on my shelves, but I still enjoy it nonetheless. You can think I didn't want to like the films, which is fine, but my actions out in the world have proven otherwise. Hell, I even went in with the lowest expectations for The Clone Wars movie and was impressed (not so much with the majority of the show that followed).

One thing you're misunderstanding here is that I have never claimed to want the Disney films to be well-loved. But neither was I rooting for their failure. I simply have no interest one way or the other. What I did say is that I legitimately hoped people enjoyed them. Further, I recall saying that I didn't wish what I went through with the EU being discontinued (as well as people on these boards rooting for its failure for years on these boards, and saying "good riddance" once it was finally decanonized) to be inflicted on anyone else. I wanted people to enjoy the films, which is not the same as rooting for their success. I rooted neither for their success nor their failure.

But I did, in fact, predict the inevitable collapse of the new canon to come far sooner than the it took for the excising of the EU, and it came even sooner than I expected. Granted, my grandiose bragging about it in this thread may have been a little over-the-top, but I would think people would be used to my eccentric personality by now. Come to think of it, I didn't anyone complain but you.

About the other thread, well, I wish you'd at least admit that you were flying off the handling, even bringing up misremembered things I had said in previous threads that had absolutely nothing to do with the thread in question or the people involved in that particular discussion. Others got a few things wrong, but you took it to a whole new level. Other than that, I think we've already resolved our differences in that thread.

How has the new canon "collapsed"? What does that even mean?

Also I never "complained" about your "bragging". I simply questioned the validity of it and I still do. Basically that other guy posted something then you posted that meme saying "told ya so", I said his opinion really doesnt warrant an "I told ya so". You claimed you went by general consensus. Id very much say the general consensus of the Disney movies is not in line with what you seem to think.

Disney has released some s**t SW content. So did Lucas. So did the EU. Disney have released some gold SW content. So did Lucas. So did the EU. Star Wars isn't high art and never was - Disney's motives for Star Wars are hardly disingenuous compared to Lucas, Lucas was responsible for movie merchandising as we know it and there is a an extremely strong argument that he only made the prequels when he did because he had just gotten back all the rights to toy sales from Kenner.

We've also seen Star Wars continue to make an impact in pop culture in the most appropriate way you can these days - Baby Yoda was f**king everywhere. Even people who aren't into Star Wars were giving it attention.

Point is, I think the assertion by Justus that Star Wars is no longer relevant culturally and that Disney are far removed from what Lucas intended is bulls**t. Irrespective of the content, Star Wars will always be relevant. Out of 11 films over 40+ years with only two generally being considered great (and they were the first two) we're still talking and obsessing over them to this day.

Can't say I disagree about Star Wars with Darth Wader, either. The ST is what knocked my rose-colored nostalgia glasses off, but in reality, a good deal of Star Wars really is mediocre at best. I have some nostalgia for the PT, and while my personal opinion is it is better than the ST, it still is crap. Maybe some good ideas, but poor execution.

Solo was OK, but after having seen it twice, it's ability to be rewatched is gone for me. When I rewatch ROTJ, I skip through all of the Ewok scenes. The only 3 movies I love are ANH, TESB, and Rogue One. I don't care if any other Star Wars movies come out, and honestly while I have long wanted an Obi Wan movie starring EM, given the modern handlers of Star Wars, I'm sure they will eff it up somehow.

TCW and Rebels have some really good episodes, but there are a lot of duds in there too. And to be honest, TCW and Rebels are a bit kiddish for me, even though I have seen pretty much every episode at least once.

I've seen some of the Mando episodes, but honestly, I am not all that hyped for it, and really doesn't have much of a reason to exist, outside marketing merchandise. I can take or leave season 2 when it comes out next season. I have some nostalgia for the early EU comics like Dark Empire (which really is objectively not that great) but my favorite era is the Dark Horse Old Republic era, which I was pulled into because of the Knights of the Old Republic 1&2 games.

Except for Fallen Order (didn't play, just watched all the compiled cut scenes on youtube), there hasn't been a Star Wars game I have been interested in since the KOTOR games and the Kyle Katarn games, both of which are coming up on 20 years old or more. I wasn't even a fan of the MMO Old Republic game. As for the EU novels, I can count on one hand which ones I like, and again, more nostalgia than actually being good (EG Thrawn Trilogy and I, Jedi).

SO all in all, I guess it means I've finally outgrown Star Wars, LOL.

TCW and Rebels have some really good episodes, but there are a lot of duds in there too. And to be honest, TCW and Rebels are a bit kiddish for me, even though I have seen pretty much every episode at least once.

Have you seen the recent episodes of TCW released a few weeks ago? The last four episodes are fantastic and lean away from the kid stuff, well worth a watch if you haven't already. But agree with you - some really great episodes but some also really bad ones as well.

Have you seen the recent episodes of TCW released a few weeks ago? The last four episodes are fantastic and lean away from the kid stuff, well worth a watch if you haven't already. But agree with you - some really great episodes but some also really bad ones as well.

Not yet, but I do plan to. I have heard good things about the final season of TCW.

But yeah, I was taking about episodes like the one where they literally have a spider-man, with 6 arms no less, and the Zillo beast (I suppose a Godzilla tribute?) episode. Those elements are silly.

I think for me it's just a matter of the situation right now. I didn't like the most recent movie and there is really no news of what the next movie will be or even when it will come out with the pandemic pushing everything back. I enjoyed The Mandalorian but not as much as lot of fans, having said that Im looking forward to it and will certainly watch it when its released. Im just not excited for it. The Obi Wan show I kinda feel the same about, I will definitely watch it but Im not amped for it. The Cassian show is the one I think has the most potential, a spy show set in Star Wars I think could be great.

So basically my interest right now has waned but it would not take much to stoke it back up again.

I've always been of the mindset that the Skywalker Saga was Star Wars. The rest was more like supplemental stories that fleshed out the Star Wars universe. A lot of it I enjoyed for sure, but with TROS ending the Skywalker saga on such a low note (or wet fart), it really made me question why I waited since 1983 to see the continuation of the Post-ROTJ Skywalker Saga. I feel like such a fool for being that invested into a franchise. As time passes, I find that TROS is the worst Star Wars movie made, even worse than TLJ (for me). You can't end a 43 year old story by glossing over details raised in the previous 2 films, retconning literally everything, or just raising new questions in the final film that never get an answer by the film's end (EG how did Palpatine survive, If the Sith were all but extinct, where did a planet full of them come from, etc). TROS was literally so sloppy, it made me think to myself that if that is how Star Wars is to be handled from now on, I can do without. Now Mando is interesting, but it doesn't have a reason to exist, and just isn't enough to keep me engaged. I am sure I'll be seeing season 2 at some point, but pretty low on my priority list.

So to pull me back it, it will take an entire shake up of creatives and leadership at LFL for me to be interested.

You know what I love most about SW right now? The Disney Gallery series, which is currently focused on the making of Mandalorian. When I was a a kid the behind the scenes and making of stuff for Star Wars was just as interesting to me. That's kind of what made me want to be on the other side of the camera.

It was The Making Of Thriller that got me into horror and gore-- not Thriller itself, but the MAKING OF.

Watching how they came up with stuff for the Mandalorian has been a lot of fun. Some of the tech they are using is mind blowing (which is very SW in and of itself).

Content wise Favreau and Filoni hacve said the aesthetic of Mando is that they are kids playing with Star Wars toys-- but they have an older brother who has all the cool figures. He took off with Luke, Vader and Han, leaving them with a Ugnaut, a rando Imperial, some no-name droids, etc. The only cool figure they were left with was a Boba Fett somebody painted silver.

I've always been of the mindset that the Skywalker Saga was Star Wars. The rest was more like supplemental stories that fleshed out the Star Wars universe. A lot of it I enjoyed for sure, but with TROS ending the Skywalker saga on such a low note (or wet fart), it really made me question why I waited since 1983 to see the continuation of the Post-ROTJ Skywalker Saga. I feel like such a fool for being that invested into a franchise. As time passes, I find that TROS is the worst Star Wars movie made, even worse than TLJ (for me). You can't end a 43 year old story by glossing over details raised in the previous 2 films, retconning literally everything, or just raising new questions in the final film that never get an answer by the film's end (EG how did Palpatine survive, If the Sith were all but extinct, where did a planet full of them come from, etc). TROS was literally so sloppy, it made me think to myself that if that is how Star Wars is to be handled from now on, I can do without. Now Mando is interesting, but it doesn't have a reason to exist, and just isn't enough to keep me engaged. I am sure I'll be seeing season 2 at some point, but pretty low on my priority list.

So to pull me back it, it will take an entire shake up of creatives and leadership at LFL for me to be interested.

I mean I see what you are saying but in the end they are movies. A story can be a great with a crappy ending, its not ALL about how it ends. The journey is more important than the destination. To feel like a fool because you didn't get a payoff you enjoyed just seems a counter productive way to look at things. You say the Mandalorian has no reason to exist. Well people are entertained by it. Thats reason enough in and of itself.

Mark my words, S2 of Mando is going to up the ante and set the stage to being less about a side story in the SW universe, and the "home" story. The Cassian and Obi-Wan's show aside, all upcoming SW shows will be spun out of Mando, and I wouldn't be shocked if we see Luke show up.

And if you watcht he Gallery series, it's pretty clean that Filoni is being groomed to be the center of all this.

Technically there are still SW movies on Disney's slate-- but I think they have discovered how a short run show may be more profitable, especially in the wake of Covid. The GOYT guys are out, people are saying Rian Johnson's trilogy is also out, the only movie rumors with any weight are that Kevin Fiege wants to make one, and Taika has been signed to write/direct one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.