Day drinking

One day I was drunk three times in one day. I went to a morning wedding with brunch and got drunk on mimosas. I went home and napped. Went to the Royals game and got shit faced tail gating drinking beer and then sobered up during the game. After the game we went out and I got shit-faced on long islands.

Those were the ****ing days.

Ive also been making drinks lately instead of just drinking my liquor straight. I made an Old Fashioned after dinner while I was making popcorn for our family movie night, and I just made a vodka martini with vodka from the same distillery as the bourbon I was drinking. Im very relaxed right now.

Was trying to ask you the other night what you were drinking. It looked like whiskey. My husband really likes whiskey, I mostly drink the Japanese stuff because it's pretty smooth.

Yeah, I answered you a couple times but I don't think you heard my response. It was a bourbon from a local distillery that shut down and switched to making hand sanitizer. It's a pretty mild bourbon in terms of taste, which I like.

I'm sticking with really simple drinks, but my skills are improving.

I just had a phone meeting with my boss that I was super stressed about, but it went really well. I still kinda need a drink but its not even noon yet so I guess the rule is only clear alcohol is okay before noon, right?

Our rule in college was no drinking until noon-oh-five. Clearly we hadn't discovered mimosas yet.

I get to drink earlier cause I get up earlier.

That sounds fair.

How many people here know how to go on your mobile phone and access your bank balance on your app or online? Let me just tell you, there are at 30 goddamned old ppl I talked to yesterday I wanted to strangle and caused me to drink yesterday at 3 PM which is super early for me. What is your account number? I would ask and then I would get stuff like it looks like a 7 but could be a four? Is it a squiggly line for a seven? Jesus Christ, lady, you've had this account since the 70s. My own Nan memorized her account number. Texas has opened up to let alcohol be a take away from a restaurant so at lunch yesterday I went to a local restaurant near my second job and got two frozen margaritas for lunch to goooooooo. It took the sting off hearing people from New England who talk to fast and rant about where the hell their "Trump" checks are for the next three hours of my shift.

The kids are playing nicely, Laura is at Costco and Im heating water for spaghetti. Time for a martini.

Ohio is also doing liquor to go as long as you order food. No more than two per adult meal. But for the most part Ive just been making my own drinks. Finally learned how to make a decent vodka martini, cause I hate gin, and got a good recipe for an old fashioned

Ive been wanting to drink since 11. Got a bastard of a report to work on. Im off the clock now though and having a GI Joe fight some of Lyras weird little food toy things. Eli, who desperately needs dental work done, is at the dentist with Katie and refusing to open his mouth, so theyre gonna come home happy Im sure.

It was really hard to wait until 5 today. Kids had a hell of a time finishing their school work, a crappy Zoom meeting my kid didn't want to call into, obnoxious work meetings popping up left and right. Had some nice Sauvignon Blanc on the patio on a 70 degree day. Closest thing I get to a date night now.

Ive been wanting to drink since 11. Got a bastard of a report to work on. Im off the clock now though and having a GI Joe fight some of Lyras weird little food toy things. Eli, who desperately needs dental work done, is at the dentist with Katie and refusing to open his mouth, so theyre gonna come home happy Im sure.

I'm high, but I read that as "I've wanted to drink since I was 11."

OH NO. At 11 I totally believed everything DARE taught me. It was college and more specifically, my shithole older brother who turns 40 this year and still doesnt have his life together, to make a drinker out of me.

I really really promise, though Ive had some bad times, and though Ive talked about it a lot, Im really really not a problem drinker.

OH NO. At 11 I totally believed everything DARE taught me. It was college and more specifically, my ****hole older brother who turns 40 this year and still doesnt have his life together, to make a drinker out of me.

I really really promise, though Ive had some bad times, and though Ive talked about it a lot, Im really really not a problem drinker.

Yeah, you're a solution drinker. Quite literally.

I have not drank in front of my students and only in the evening while going over their work. But since I'm an essential worker at my second job I don't drink because I have to drive to that job on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. I have genuinely thought about adding it to my coffee though after my homeroom meetings before I start in with Q and A sessions with my kids or online lessons.

My brother and I often laugh about a music teacher we had at Central Elementary school. She would often show up for class 5 or 10 minutes late and be a bit loopy. I didn't realize that she was a drunkard, until I was much older. I also had a DECA teacher that reeked of hard liquor. It's scary to think that he drove us to State (3.5 hours away) while possibly being under the influence.

I've never been able to quote anything right with this editor. No other forum I visit uses such a broken format.

Back in my single days, wed get drunk ( a little smoke in between) at the pool while playing water volleyball. Wed later hit the clubs that evening. One time our buddy Charlie was so wasted, he tripped over a guy in a wheel chair and pretty much planked on his lap. The bar tender turned his back, so he wouldnt have to cut Charlie off.

I haven't had a drink since the first Zoom drinks I did with Reese and Jacob. My stomach has been BLEH for like the past two years, but that last job really made it bad - developed an allergy to tannins and everything. Alcohol and my stomach just aren't friends right now. But I've routinely been smoking my first bowl at around 10-11am (that's when I go for my morning walk).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.