Day drinking

Are you doing it? I've still got my bottle of bourbon in my office area from our Zoom meeting the other night, so I've been super tempted a couple of times, but I've held strong.

I mean, I did have a beer while I was working on demolishing our deck during the afternoon on Saturday, but that doesnt count. Youre allowed to drink while operating dangerous power tools.

It depends, I live in the UK where our attitude to alcohol is a bit like the American attitude to pharmaceuticals.

Meaning, if it were a Sunday before the whole Coronavirus thing we might be in the pub by midday having a pint and a roast. Which is pretty normal.

Generally pints are welcome any day I'm not working, though it's not like it happens all that frequently. And especially now pubs are closed so I haven't had a beer in ages.

Since coronavirus it's mostly been wine but not until late afternoon sitting in the garden in the sun

I have not drank in front of my students and only in the evening while going over their work. But since I'm an essential worker at my second job I don't drink because I have to drive to that job on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. I have genuinely thought about adding it to my coffee though after my homeroom meetings before I start in with Q and A sessions with my kids or online lessons.

I have less problem with telling which day of the week it is and more problem telling which part of the month it is. I can't believe April is already ending today. Once our semester is over in another two weeks, though, then I will have a big problem with what day it is.

I'm a shift worker. I count using my days off and shifts at work rather than days of the week. Nothing much has changed with the lockdown for me, it's just I'm getting more overtime due to sickness and I'm correspondingly more tired. Also, shopping is more of a ball-ache, but more pay = more takeaways delivered to my work address.

I just had a phone meeting with my boss that I was super stressed about, but it went really well. I still kinda need a drink but its not even noon yet so I guess the rule is only clear alcohol is okay before noon, right?

I just had a phone meeting with my boss that I was super stressed about, but it went really well. I still kinda need a drink but its not even noon yet so I guess the rule is only clear alcohol is okay before noon, right?

Yep. If it's a Bloody Mary you can have it with your cornflakes when you wake up

Yep. If it's a Bloody Mary you can have it with your cornflakes when you wake up

How about if I throw a tomato in a glass of vodka? Close enough?

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Also: if you are at some group event that takes place over several days or a weekend if you pop a drink early in the morning whenever a chore comes up like going to the store you can say "oh man I'd do it but I'm drinking so ya know can't drive."

Our rule in college was no drinking until noon-oh-five. Clearly we hadn't discovered mimosas yet.

I had a beer at 4. I tripled my bosss goal for me for the week, so I ended up knocking off work a little early.

Ive also been making drinks lately instead of just drinking my liquor straight. I made an Old Fashioned after dinner while I was making popcorn for our family movie night, and I just made a vodka martini with vodka from the same distillery as the bourbon I was drinking. Im very relaxed right now.

I really cannot believe how much Im drinking these days.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.