Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you binge watching, and is it streaming or physical media?

29 replies to this topic

Zathras

Zathras

Not The One

• Members
  • 375 posts

Streaming is very convenient.  I can see how streaming can be a parent's best friend at times :) Most of the on-demand stuff I watch of lesser renown that I don't care it's not high def is either DVDs I backed up to my computer (which is connected to my TV) for the convenience automatically playing it (stuff I owned...I don't pirate), or streaming.  My blu rays are the best of the best, all time favorites of mine that I want to watch in as best a resolution I can (or can afford, lol!).  

Destiny Skywalker

Destiny Skywalker

Actually, I am a rocket scientist

• 20,954 posts

Ok, so, we've thought about doing that as well. What did you do with all the cases?

Liberal guilt made me pack them in a box to try to recycle them. It's time to chuck them.

We started watching Space Force last night. I love Steve Carell but I like him better in his self-aware roles. That said, John Malkovich is amazing and we enjoyed it.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 35,197 posts

We just finished Little Fires Everywhere on Hulu. Super good.

Zathras

Zathras

Not The One

• Members
  • 375 posts

What's it about?

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 35,197 posts

In short, motherhood with a heavy dose of race. It's set in the 90s, super rich white perfect mom Reese Witherspoon condescendingly rents out to borderline transient artist mom Kerry Washington. There's a ton of meddling in each other's lives and in their kids lives. It's only eight episodes and it grew with each one. The first one or two I could've taken or left it, but we kept going and man, it got good. The final episode is great.

I don't normally like recommending things since I know everyone's tastes vary and sometimes the only reason you don't want to watch something is because, well, you just don't want to. I prefer to just give my opinion on the thing and let the people go with it as they want. As I said, though, this is only eight episodes and sometimes it's really hard to find **** to watch even with all the options we have, so give it a shot if you got nothing else.

• Zathras +1 this

Reply to this topic