Clone Wars: The Final Season

Filthy Jawa

This deserves its own thread. We consider this a SW community and no one is talking about this?

Holy **** Episode 9 just kicked it into high gear. Every action sequence puts just about all other SW content to shame (except maybe the final episodes of Rebels).

Plus, nailing fhe evolution of the Anakin-Obi-Wan relationship, Ahsoka's maturing (and her kick-ass assault on Mandalore). This episode is really what I needed.

AOTC: 2002

TCW: 2008-2014, 2020

I know exactly how you feel. Until about 2017 I was a "movies and nothing else" fan. But that's when I finally cracked and watched this series (it's definitely hit and miss) and Rebels after it (more hit than miss). Now I'm "movies and Filoni and nothing else".

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe nobody here is watching this. This final story arc feels like a movie, the timeline is starting to overlap with ROTS and it's some of the best Star Wars I've seen. The motion capture stuff with Ray Park looked a little out of place, but i guess it ties it in with TPM.

So stoked for the final two episodes. I have a feeling it's setting up some backstory for The Mandalorian too.

I've watched the last two epiodes and they have been great - I love how they've turned it a mini-movie of sorts.

The middle section of the season I ended up skipping over as it was really dull, might give it another shot once it's all done and dusted. But yeah definitely up there with the best of Star Wars if judged on the last couple of episodes alone.

Can't wait to get to them! I am re-watching from the start since Disney + finally arrived in the UK at the end of March. I definitely missed a few episodes here and there first time round.

Certainly the odd slow one in there, but really good show and thoroughly enjoying it again. The Mortis episodes in particular are superb :yes:

There was lot more tension and emotion in these last episodes than the whole of Episode III. So yeah as a movie, I'd be putting this at least around the Top 5 in terms of rankings.

Seriously cannot emphasise how impressed I was with them - the score alone was fantastically done and a rare instance of a composer not being derivative of John Williams.

Also that last scene - perfect way to close out the series. I'm trying to avoid any spoilers here in case but a lot happened that's worthy of some old school geeky discussion.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow!!! Just finished the rewatch of the whole lot (I realise there was a ton of episodes I had not seen first time round), along with the new episodes. Fantastic all the way through. Those final 4 in particular were simply superb!

Hearing the events of ROTS going on in conjunction was so cleverly done and you just find yourself hoping it will be different somehow!

Makes me want to know more of what happened afterwards, before the events of Rebels with the 2 key characters of those final episodes. Hopefully in the Obi-Wan series - would be fab to see a reunion of him and Ahsoka to talk about Anakin.

• 2 months later...

And don't forget The Force Unleashed! And her other death in Revenge of the Sith. So that makes five! Poor girl.

Well, that definitely is one conflict with my vision for a unified canon, as I accept her death in The Force Unleashed as her true death. But I can use the same rationale I used with Evan Piell: The Clone Wars is a pseudo-historical holovid that takes many liberties. Problem solved!

• 3 months later...

I liked the last arc overall.

My only complaint was some of the inconsistency revolving around how Rex undermines Order 66. You get two different stories between what we hear in Rebels and what we see in TCWs. Considering those had the same main writer, you'd think they would match. 

However, that is mostly a piddly BS complaint. I loved TCW version of what happened better than what Rex later explains happened, so I'm willing to buy into the "imperfect storyteller" logic about why Rex's recollection and/or telling of the incident differs from the actual events.

If I had betrayed a friend like that, mind-control device or not, I'd be hesitant to admit it.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.