Have you been stimulated yet?

Ms. Spam

Yup. $3400. Saving most of it, but we're buying a fire pit, so we can camp in the yard once summer starts, and a webcam, cuz our Kindle doesn't have a microphone and our phones are too small and then there's my work laptop which I'll totally use but would rather not for virtual drinking sessions.

My second job has been sadly pathetic lately. It's basically people accidentally transferred to me to order checks when they're simply trying to get balances or find out what the fuck their routing number is so they can setup the irs to send them their Trumpbux. And I hate it. For godsake you bank with a Credit Union. You screwed. Never mind the routing and transit number - just try for the correct 13 digit account number that they actually use for this instead of your six digit member number.

Totally putting mine in savings. When I get it.

I'm in this weird spot where I am technically an employee of a company-- but I own that company. I am also in a union in an industry where 23 months of downtime is expected as everything is contract based.

I''m trying to figure out if I should have my corporation request payroll protection, or do I fire myself and collect unemployment? I'm not sure if I can do that sionce I am the sole employee/CEO without folding the actual company.

Got ours today. $3900. Which I think is the most any of us are going to get. Too late to try to get another one in before the end of the year to get an extra $500.

I got mine, too. It will definitely help me this month and my landlord is cool. Has anyone heard if this is a one time deal, or if there will be additional checks issued? Way I see it is the Federal and State governments caused the shutdown, and people should be compensated. This should be a monthy check until things are back to normal and people can work again. I am not kicking about the necessity for the shut down for a disease that literally will eat your lungs, but the government should take responsibility for this emergency. The feds have no problem sending pallets of $billions in the dead of night to places like Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, or subsidizing many product shipments from Chinese companies to the US, but this is the one time going into debt to take care of Americans makes sense to me. I'm not looking for a handout, but my income has been cut in half because I am furloughed 20 hours a week...literally only paid a 4 hour work days, but work from home and put in more like 6-7 hours a day.

Its definitely not going to be a monthly check, but there are apparently talks going on about sending another check, but who knows if thatll happen.

We got ours Monday. $3400. It's nice. We're buying school materials with it.

I'm technically still working, but I only ever worked part-time anyway. Trevor is still working full-time and his business has been thriving. We have more cash in the bank right now than we ever have before. We've paid off 4 credit accounts since this started.

Nice! What seems to be causing the uptick in business?

He's a handyman. There's a lot of things but the majority seem to be:

• People are bored at home and suddenly want little things fixed or hung or replaced. Or they bought new dishwashers/microwaves/water softeners/water heaters/etc. and need them installed. But don't want to or can't do it themselves.
  • More people stuck at home = more people breaking shit.
  • Since we live in a fairly upper-middle class area, people are mostly still working (from home) and/or have healthy savings accounts, so they can still afford to have all the normal tasks done around the house. A lot of it is getting ready for summer - fixing fences, pressure washing and staining decks, etc.

<p>

Nice! What seems to be causing the uptick in business?

He's a handyman. There's a lot of things but the majority seem to be:
  • People are bored at home and suddenly want little things fixed or hung or replaced. Or they bought new dishwashers/microwaves/water softeners/water heaters/etc. and need them installed. But don't want to or can't do it themselves.
  • More people stuck at home = more people breaking ****.
  • Since we live in a fairly upper-middle class area, people are mostly still working (from home) and/or have healthy savings accounts, so they can still afford to have all the normal tasks done around the house. A lot of it is getting ready for summer - fixing fences, pressure washing and staining decks, etc.

Yeah, this is us. We arranged for a heat pump and furnace to be replaced when stay-at-home is lifted, and next we need to get the outside of the house painted. Figured we might as well stimulate the economy because it's not so much a matter of money, it's a matter of having time to call all these people while we're at work. Now my work day is like 10 minute chunks from 8am to 11pm.

We got ours Monday. $3400. It's nice. We're buying school materials with it.

I'm technically still working, but I only ever worked part-time anyway. Trevor is still working full-time and his business has been thriving. We have more cash in the bank right now than we ever have before. We've paid off 4 credit accounts since this started.

That is awesome! We aren't making any more money, but we are saving upwards of $1500/ month in childcare bc our nanny is only working half days (her request).

I have been wanting a new gaming laptop for a year now, but when this whole thing went down I took the plunge. I went to Microcenter and they said it was busier than Christmas with everyone working from home.

Whats your essential work? I didnt realize you did anything other than art.

I have a part time day job as well in a coffeeshop/bakery/restaurant. When my kid came along I took more shifts just for a stable flow of some income when art sales are slow/null.

Anwyays, we've closed the restaurant part and turned the shop into a greengrocers selling organic meats and vegetables as retail that our suppliers could no longer get to their customers (other restaurants etc) as well as selling our bread, coffee and pastries. We do click and collect and delivery only. It's saved the business basically and kept people fed with locally sourced organic foods, and kept a lot of people employed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.