What's the craziest conspiracy theory you've heard lately?

Cerina

With all this corona lockdown quarantine business going on, I know you've probably seen or heard some doozies.

Personally, I can't narrow it down. I have some legit end-of-the-world, this-is-Revelation people on my FB feed. And a crap-ton of far right and far left conspiracies about fascists and communists and 5G nanobot takeovers.

What about you?

My Ex has been keeping my appraised of the Qanon conspiracy stuff. There's so many variations on the theme, but the basic story is that while Covid is real the lockdown is to help with the arrest of literally thousands of people involved in human trafficking as well as the 1% elite that have allowed them to stay in power.

The repercussions will be huge, and ultimately to keep these power structures dismantled fir good we will see the abolishment of the Fed and the economy will return to the gold standard.

That's the more believable part.

From there it gies that Trump is aware of all this and the reason he speaks so odd is because he is speaking in code to all the people in the know.

Also, the elite has underground bases where clones and/or mole people are being held for use as slave labor and/or cannibalism, and the quake in SD last week was one of those bases being destroyed.

Also, Trump is knowingly dismantling the office the Presidency to fight corruption, and when the smoke clears JFK Jr will come out of hiding to lead us.

You'll know it's going down when a nationwide internet outage occurs? When? Next week. Doesn't matter when you ask, the answer is always NEXT WEEK.

Ask next week you'll be told NEXT WEEK.

There's also some alien shit thrown in and at the top of it all, of course, The Clintons.

I've read some people on FB and another forum I visit, claiming that the Chinese developed Covid19 in a lab, unleashed in Wuhan, with the intent to take the USA down. Of course when you ask why they would do that to their own people, you get the indigent "Duh, it's so obvious" type of answer, that the Chinese government believes that China has billions of people and can afford to lose a few thousand, if it means becoming the #1 power. Or some variant of all that. People are crazy, and dumb.

Im not on social media so I avoid most of it, but there are protesters at the statehouse every day during the governors daily press conference, and they believe that somehow the governor is being controlled by the World Health Organization and this whole thing is an attempt for WHO to take over the US.

Wow. Ya'lls are so much better than mine. My step-mom and her family have been passing around a theory that this is Obama's fault because his liberal policies set up the healthcare system to fail by not supplying enough PPE for everyone and TRUMP is king.

A friend sent out a group text showing off a little LEGO stop-motion movie he made with his kids, and days later someone replied with a stupid social media post saying that the Pope wanted everyone to tie a white cloth around their doorknob to eradicate the coronavirus.

It was a major act of love for my friend that I didnt respond to whoever sent it.

I have been wanting to vent on this for a while...

My mom and her husband retired and live permanently in a 5th wheel. All they do is listen to crazy alt-right radio. For example, they are totally on board with: Pizzagate, deep state conspiracy against Trump, thinks the Chinese engineered the Coronavirus to wreck the American economy, and any other shit they see on Facebook. They are exactly the targets for misinformation campaigns and they eat the shit up. She has made a few comments to my boys such as one was messing around with make-up and my mom said. "stop that you don't want him to be...." and she caught herself. She has made a few similar remarks about about Muslims and the LGBTQ movement. She hates that I am an atheist. I asked her if she would you rather me be homosexual or atheist and she said homosexual. Not that there is anything wrong with either one, but knowing she feels there is, bothers me.

She brags about me having a phd and claims she is proud of what I do, but thinks college and my job has brainwashed me. She throws out opinions all the time but any sort of pushback makes her upset. For example, I was making a comment that PJ Masks Live (a kids tv show) was charging up to $250 a seat and she went on a rant about PBS. I mentioned PJ Masks is Disney and Sesame Street Live is like $15-$25. She didn't let that small detail change her opinion of PBS and let me know it. I am very socially liberal; fairly centrist economically; have a few fairly right wing views; believe a few far left views are toxic; and have voted for a republican, democrat, Green party, and libertarian for president...I am hardly the bastion of left wing ideology.

I love my mom. She had me as a teen, did what she could as a single mom, she is very kind, and a terrific grandma...but holy shit I struggle when she visits.

The worst one I've heard is that 5G masts are causing/spreading the COVID-19 virus, which is so ****ing stupid and easily disproved that it beggars belief that it's still being bandied around as a legit conspiracy. It's bad enough that several masts here in the UK have been set on fire or vandalized.

52 countries have 5G masts, yet basically every country has cases of COVID-19. Try again, dickheads.

5G makes sense, though. 5G. China has 5 letters, and G stands for Global elite. Its all right there. China and the global elite are conspiring to take down Trump by indiscriminately killing people all over the world, so he cant take down the Clintons and their vast pedophile ring.

My Ex has been keeping my appraised of the Qanon conspiracy stuff. There's so many variations on the theme, but the basic story is that while Covid is real the lockdown is to help with the arrest of literally thousands of people involved in human trafficking as well as the 1% elite that have allowed them to stay in power.

I legit had even forgotten about that one! That came up last month and there's been so much since then that I completely forgot about that particular rant of crazy. Plus, I went ahead and unfriended the lady who'd posted it. We weren't really friends. I'd never met her.

I have been wanting to vent on this for a while...

My mom and her husband retired and live permanently in a 5th wheel. All they do is listen to crazy alt-right radio. For example, they are totally on board with: Pizzagate, deep state conspiracy against Trump, thinks the Chinese engineered the Coronavirus to wreck the American economy, and any other **** they see on Facebook. They are exactly the targets for misinformation campaigns and they eat the **** up. She has made a few comments to my boys such as one was messing around with make-up and my mom said. "stop that you don't want him to be...." and she caught herself. She has made a few similar remarks about about Muslims and the LGBTQ movement. She hates that I am an atheist. I asked her if she would you rather me be homosexual or atheist and she said homosexual. Not that there is anything wrong with either one, but knowing she feels there is, bothers me.

She brags about me having a phd and claims she is proud of what I do, but thinks college and my job has brainwashed me. She throws out opinions all the time but any sort of pushback makes her upset. For example, I was making a comment that PJ Masks Live (a kids tv show) was charging up to $250 a seat and she went on a rant about PBS. I mentioned PJ Masks is Disney and Sesame Street Live is like $15-$25. She didn't let that small detail change her opinion of PBS and let me know it. I am very socially liberal; fairly centrist economically; have a few fairly right wing views; believe a few far left views are toxic; and have voted for a republican, democrat, Green party, and libertarian for president...I am hardly the bastion of left wing ideology.

I love my mom. She had me as a teen, did what she could as a single mom, she is very kind, and a terrific grandma...but holy **** I struggle when she visits.

If you were homosexual, she'd probably prefer that you were just atheist. Not that it should make you feel better or anything.

But you just described like a third of my family. They also believe that education has brainwashed people...

5G makes sense, though. 5G. China has 5 letters, and G stands for Global elite. Its all right there. China and the global elite are conspiring to take down Trump by indiscriminately killing people all over the world, so he cant take down the Clintons and their vast pedophile ring.

Based and redpilled.

But you just described like a third of my family. They also believe that education has brainwashed people...

Education has... brainwashed people. Learning and knowing things makes you brainwashed. Being smart makes you brainwashed. The only way to be smart is to be dumber than a ****ing rock.

This is like the bene gesserit fear is the mind killer mantra, except batshit ****ing insane.

I wish I could say that it's hyperbole, but no.

Most highly educated and intellectual people tend to skew left. So professors, and therefore universities, tend to be more liberal. That's all verified fact.

But then you throw in insane right-wing "logic" and beliefs, which haven't had the benefit of being swayed by education or intellectualism and it becomes - Liberalism is evil. Anything that makes you more evil must be brainwashing. College makes you educated and liberal. So education = brainwashing = evil.

The real bitch of the matter is that far-right education tends to be strictly Christian fundamentalist education. So even if they tout the studies of logic and rhetoric, they tend to apply those studies ONLY to "proving" their fundamentalist beliefs in a strange roundabout way that defies all actual logic. It was pretty interesting to read about this from Rachel Held Evans' point-of-view in her books. But the homeschool co-op that we participate in really strives to be like this as well, so we likely won't be using them for the high school years. Noah actually begins the study of logic next year but then the year after they are supposed to read a book called Defeating Darwinism described in the catalog as "Johnson encourages us to develop good thinking habits in order to avoid common mistakes in discussions about evolution". I'm actually really curious to see how they plan to merge the two, and I'm in a huge internal battle about whether or not Noah should move on to that level and let him tear apart the arguments with logic (which I'm sure he could do) or if we should just bow out and let the crazies be crazy.

:lol: Good one.

Education has... brainwashed people. Learning and knowing things makes you brainwashed. Being smart makes you brainwashed. The only way to be smart is to be dumber than a ****ing rock.

This is like the bene gesserit fear is the mind killer mantra, except bat**** ****ing insane.

Quizat Haderach time, beaotches.

Most highly educated and intellectual people tend to skew left. So professors, and therefore universities, tend to be more liberal. That's all verified fact.

But then you throw in insane right-wing "logic" and beliefs, which haven't had the benefit of being swayed by education or intellectualism and it becomes - Liberalism is evil. Anything that makes you more evil must be brainwashing. College makes you educated and liberal. So education = brainwashing = evil.

The real bitch of the matter is that far-right education tends to be strictly Christian fundamentalist education. So even if they tout the studies of logic and rhetoric, they tend to apply those studies ONLY to "proving" their fundamentalist beliefs in a strange roundabout way that defies all actual logic. It was pretty interesting to read about this from Rachel Held Evans' point-of-view in her books. But the homeschool co-op that we participate in really strives to be like this as well, so we likely won't be using them for the high school years. Noah actually begins the study of logic next year but then the year after they are supposed to read a book called Defeating Darwinism described in the catalog as "Johnson encourages us to develop good thinking habits in order to avoid common mistakes in discussions about evolution". I'm actually really curious to see how they plan to merge the two, and I'm in a huge internal battle about whether or not Noah should move on to that level and let him tear apart the arguments with logic (which I'm sure he could do) or if we should just bow out and let the crazies be crazy.

Here's something that blows my mind. Most pastors and reverends of churches are liberal and if their congregation actually knew about their leanings they'd be super surprised that they don't mirror their ideas and thoughts of the Jesus beliefs that they hold as congregations. What is the disconnect? Like were are these people in the congregation not getting that we should help the littlest, the least and the lost and are more like the Jews of the old testament selling money changers in the temple and crying about treatment being unfair to them?

Bow out. I was that homeschool kid. It's just infuriating, and Noah will be a pariah.

We're leaning that way. I enjoy the program (and especially the people) for the lower stages (the grammar and logic stages if you're familiar with classical and neoclassical education), but as they get older, it definitely turns into a "here's what to think and how to defend it" program. But I also wonder if we'll be looked at differently if we pull Noah but keep Luke in.

But I also have this secret hope that the company is coming around a bit. They did replace one book this year (It Couldn't Just Happen) in their logic studies with one the company publishes that teaches logic through analogies (and I haven't heard anything questionable about it yet, but I just ordered it today, so we'll see). But they do have a long way to go. Later on in high school they use A Patriot's History of the United States as their history spine...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.