Actors you think would be perfect for a character

Zathras

I still want Indiana Jones starring Chris Pratt.

That would be cool. I can't think of anyone else who would be better

Jack Black as Meat Loaf

Epic!

Zachary Quinto as George Lucas in a biopic.

Patrick Stewart as Darth Plagueis.

Summer Glau as Jaina Solo.

Sorry, can't think outside of Star Wars at the moment.

The first and third choices would interesting and I like them. Patrick Stewart in Star Wars would be interesting. He could pull off a sith lord pretty well, like he did with Ahab. But I think he would be better as a Jedi Master.

If/when they remake Harry Potter, both my partner and I are convinced Adam Drive would be perfect for Snape

He would be great for that. Missed opportunity for these prequels to Harry Potter to have Driver as Young Snape.

Sorry, I just know of Harry Potter. I don't know the lore very well, but I know who Snape is.

Who was it here who said Vincent Price for Doctor Strange the last time we did this? That would have been fun to see.

Don't know how that would exactly work. Price died in I think 1991. But he would have definitely been a good choice if they cast him instead of Barney Miller in the 1970s!

I still want Indiana Jones starring Chris Pratt.

That would be cool. I can't think of anyone else who would be better

Jack Black as Meat Loaf

Epic!

Zachary Quinto as George Lucas in a biopic.

Patrick Stewart as Darth Plagueis.

Summer Glau as Jaina Solo.

Sorry, can't think outside of Star Wars at the moment.

The first and third choices would interesting and I like them. Patrick Stewart in Star Wars would be interesting. He could pull off a sith lord pretty well, like he did with Ahab. But I think he would be better as a Jedi Master.

If/when they remake Harry Potter, both my partner and I are convinced Adam Drive would be perfect for Snape

He would be great for that. Missed opportunity for these prequels to Harry Potter to have Driver as Young Snape.

Sorry, I just know of Harry Potter. I don't know the lore very well, but I know who Snape is.

Who was it here who said Vincent Price for Doctor Strange the last time we did this? That would have been fun to see.

Don't know how that would exactly work. Price died in I think 1991. But he would have definitely been a good choice if they cast him instead of Barney Miller in the 1970s!

The "Fantastic Beasts" movies take place before Snape was even born. Severus was born in 1960 and the movies seem to be building up to the famous Dumbleore-Grindlewald dual which took place in 1945.

Tom Hardy, but he's already Venom.

Joel Edgerton would kill it.

Tom Hardy could easily pull that off. Not to knowledgeable about Joel Edgerton beyond being Uncle Owen. Wolverine is supposed to be like 5'3". I think the type of actor I would like to see is a short muscular guy, like the comics. Or at least CGI said actor to look short. I think I like Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. He's done a great job, but he's also a pretty tall dude.

Put on your suspension of disbelief hats and imagine Disney was going to remake and improve the PT and all the actors were willing to return. Would you want them all to reprise their roles or would you want a whole new cast? I say Ewan McGregor stays for sure. He was one of the best parts of the PT and him being older now puts him closer to Guiness' age in the OT anyway.

I'd say Natalie Portman should stay as Padme, she resembles young Carrie Fisher enough for it to work, plus she's old enough now for it to work too, but then you'd run in to making the age gap even worse if you have Anakin as a kid. If he's older, the argument that Yoda throws out about him being too old would be more relevant, so having a recast Anakin is probably a good idea - having him 18 in the TPM reboot would be a big improvement. Having said that, Hayden's portrayal of Anakin was so well done, it feels disrespectful to recast him but not Natalie or Ewan. You'd really need to recast all of them to avoid that.

Im not going to hijack this thread to be about whether or not Hayden did a good job in the PT. We have an entire Star Wars forum for it.

Zac Efron as Superman. Hes got the general look, hes buff, and he still has that All-American nice guy demeanor.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.